What did you eat today?

tinktee
on 1/8/05 1:20 am - Spanaway, WA
Hey Nan I know what you mean, I had stop drinking coffee but I was backing up all the time. Ok one cup of coffee with 1/2 milk to get me going or a laxitive? I chose coffee. The coffee use to help me before the surgery. Don't beat yourself up sweetie, its ok that we treat ourselves to something once in awhile. We are still human and like to eat the forbidden goodies. I look at it this way...one small cookie (or what ever) is better then half the bag that I use to eat. Tee
tinktee
on 1/8/05 12:57 am - Spanaway, WA
I'm just amazed that people continue to go to Dr. W. What is up with that? When there are many other Doctors out there that have wonderful bed side manners and compassion. Like doctor Hunter and Kimannes doctor. (cant spell his name) I think its so improtant to have a doctor who cares about you. Ok this should be a boycot on meanie Dr W. Wow you can eat alot, I got stuff just reading your post. Do you drink 8oz of milk with your food? I don't drink with my meals because the liqiud will fill me up. I'm amazed at how well your eating. Are you losing weight? Gravy sounds good. Emmmmmm . When was your wls? Tee
JustHat
on 1/8/05 5:36 am - NM
Dr. W isn't horrible. I think he is probably a good surgeon. Although, I do know that Empty Stomach would disagree. But, until she can come out with her story, we can only guess what happened there. My issues are with his follow up care. I was talking to someone about my after care. I pretty much came to the conclusion that it is probably ego. He doesn't like to think that anything goes wrong or it could be his fault. That is why he blames the patient for strictures when other doctors I have talked to say that it is just something happens to some people in the healing process. Although, since the gastro said he couldn't stretch me to 12mm because of a stitch, it makes you wonder if he is stitching the stoma tighter than other doctors might. Anyway, about seeing another doc, it is an insurnace thing. We, military, have the choice of waiting for up to 2 1/2 years or going with the only civilian doctor that will work with out insurance. With me, I had to go the fast track since I don't have 2 years. Heck, last year at this time, I wasn't even sure I had 6 months. I am still glad I had him do my surgery. And, even more so, I am glad to have you guys here to bounce ideas off of and help me get through the tough time. I know someone that just had surgery. She refuses to go to support meetings or introduce herself here on the boards. I don't know how she goes without the support that I get from you guys. ((THANKS)) Hat
sassy
on 1/8/05 8:21 am - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
my surgery was 31 august. i dont always drink milk with my meals, but that day i had a mad hankering for milk, so i indulged. i sip with my meals because if not i choke. i make the low fat country gravy packets, with my low fat milk, and then just use enough to moisten the food so it goes down smoother. i am loosing weight, i have lost 77 pounds. i am pulling myself out of a standstill though, when mark left i hit a deep depression where i wouldnt eat, couldnt sleep, all i would do is cry. i wouldnt come home until i was exhausted, and it made me plateau. but i upped my protien, calories, pretty much everything, and i am loosing again. i still dont eat any more than 4 oz. at a time, and sometimes not even that, depending on what it is.
Most Active