What did you eat today?

sassy
on 1/6/05 11:23 am - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
I always love these posts... so I am starting one. I had a really good food day especially compared to what I had been having. B: 1/2 cinnamon raisin english muffin w/ 1 hard fried egg and a slice of cheese 8 oz. milk L. 4 oz. ham steak 8 oz. milk S: 8 oz. tomato soup w/ 1 slice cheese D: 2 oz pork steak, 1 oz mashed potatoes w/ country gravy, 1 oz steamed green beans, 8 oz milk 1085 Calories 46 g of Fat 88 Carbs 79 Protien
awidick
on 1/6/05 12:08 pm - Spanaway, WA
OMG you lucky woman!!!! I wish I could eat food. Ok, I had a protein drink and a cup of orange juice. I told my doctor that I still cant eat food pureed or not. He didn't care. His reply...."Atleast your loosing weight." I REALLY WANT TO EAT!!!!!!! I'm tired of getting sick everytime I try and eat I wish someone could help me. Arlene
JustHat
on 1/6/05 6:31 pm - NM
This really bothers/worries me. I thought that maybe it was just me. When Rachel had troubles, she got right in to see him and he did all sorts of tests. When I heard another of his patients complaining that he could only get in 600 calories a day, he was taken seriously and given tests. (I heard the conversation when I was in the office.) When I got sick, he didn't even speak to me. Couldn't be bothered. I guess I thought and hoped it was just me anyway. All I can suggest Arlene is trying to approach it from a different angle. Go to your PCP, tell them that your surgeon thinks you have a stricture and that you need to see a gastro. Your not actually saying your surgeon wants you scoped. Your just saying you need one. If you need to vent, you know I understand. Hat
ncarter11
on 1/7/05 2:40 am - Edmonds, WA
That is SOOOOooooo DrW! "At least you are losing weight!" Jeesch! I'm with Hat - I can relate on how insensitive he is. He often has the bedside manner of a boar. I didn't have the stricture probs or Dr neglect that Hat did, tho. Hat's suggestion is good. I'd do it. A little encouragement... Between 5-10 weeks I threw up often. Not as much as Hat, but I certainly had many intoleraces and a sensitive pouch during that time. DrW said something similar to me at my 6 week appt -- He implied that I might have a swollen stoma but that it would work to my advantage and help me lose fast. I was NOT pleased. Now looking back... on THIS side of the healing and I think it was ok and that he was right to wait. My pouch and stoma troubles was for a time. I indeed needed more time to heal and heal I did. I can eat most things -- except meats. Well, ground beef and a little fish are fine. I can swallow most pills that are the size of a benedryl. Some as large as a capsule, but some I . My point is that things WILL get better, Arlene! By the 6th week I was crazy with desire to eat - I wanted to CHEW! I don't know what kinda of things you have tried. I think you have one week left of fluids, is that right? I had "cheats" that got me through the worst of the cravings. I did some chewing and spitting. Some people look down on it, some know it feels like survival! Keep us posted, Arlene. God bless! Nan
redtweter
on 1/6/05 1:59 pm - Four Oaks, NC
Wow, that kind of food does sound wonderful right now. However I am doing great with food already, if you ask me! I had: B: 1/2 protein drink snack: 1/2 cup chocolate pudding L: 1/2 string cheese D: 1/4 cup yam snack: 1 string cheese Today wasn't a really good day for me. I am almost at my protein for the day, just today goal was all fluid, not sure which I should be doing since I am only 1 week post-op. Oh, well food for me is going so far so good. Just chew the heck out of everything i put in me and I eat slowly!!! ~Loretta down 15 #'s on one week mark!
JustHat
on 1/6/05 6:58 pm - NM
1 1/2 slices Jerky 2 EAS Advant Edget Carb Control shakes 1/2 oz Italian meanloaf 1 oz green beans cal 431, fat 21, carbs 13, protein 49
awidick
on 1/7/05 12:05 am - Spanaway, WA
I asked Dr Weber if I could email him with questions. He said oh yes and wrote down his email address. I had already had it because I have emailed him before. I emailed him Tuesday night and then again yesterday. So far today, he hasn't answered either one. Arlene
Cori T.
on 1/7/05 8:57 am - Neah Bay, WA
1oz of cheese for breakfast lunch went to the CG station to eat w/hubby. They had ribs and chicken (bbq) ate some rib WAY to fast. Been paying for it ever since. THat frothy spittal/throw up thing...guess I should feel lucky, only second time that's happened to me since surgery. Here it is 5pm and I have no desire to eat anything for the rest of the day! :-/
JustHat
on 1/7/05 12:50 pm - NM
Sometimes it is so hard to say no or to slow down. I hope you feel better soon.
ncarter11
on 1/7/05 3:11 am - Edmonds, WA
Yesterday was an atypical day for me... I usually come in around 50g Protein a day. B: 12 oz of coffee with FF creamer (coffee is my latest addition - it get's the plumbing going, if ya know what I mean) L: 4 (Kirkland/Costco) meatballs with bbq sauce (almost barfed) S: 1/2 Balance nutrition bar D: 1/3 C tortilla soup topped with cheese, 1-2 crumbled tortilla chips, sourcream and salsa S: (BAD, BAD, I know) Carmel popcorn with nuts Cals 854 Fat 40 Carbs 91 Protein 34 (I did 70 min water aerobics class in the evening) Thanks for starting this, Renee! Hugs everyone! Nancy
Most Active