Checking in

Chanise D.
on 1/4/05 10:18 am - Lakewood, WA
Happy NewYear All I have not posted in a while but I did a chance to read some of the post on the board... I hope the new year find everyone in good spirits..I have had a ruff time in the last months or so... 1. I graduated from on of the colleges on post on the 3rd of DEC....My grad. gown did not fit...I blew a zipper out trying to get i past the hip area...The guy in charge ran aroung that whole week looking for a gown for me..He found one a couple hours before the ceramony..... 2. .....With all the fuss trying to find a gown...I forgot that the ceramony was in the theater.....After we march in and I saw those rows of tiny seats...I panicked...I stood thru the prayer and all the other Army songs and stuff wondering if I will fit in the seat....I could imagine big dark bruises on my dimply hips from trying to cram them in the seat....YOU SEE...I was currently was also taking classes at the other college and one class was in the auditorium...I sat on the steps the entire semester because I could hold my breath and sqqquuueeezzze into a seat...but flipping the little desk thing up was a pipe dream.....so every day I sat on the steps..in the back...my back was killing me from slumping over trying to take notes......ANY WAY..back to the grad. ceramony...I prayed and sat..I spilled over to the people on either sides a bit but I did fit.. 3. I saw Dr Weber for my first apt..I gotta go back later this month and he wanted me to lose some weight and bring an exercise log....When I went to my appt, a lady came in and they took her to the back..I was thinking how great she looked and I hoped I can get down to her size...so from the back, I can hear her screaming....louder and louder...at this time I was ready to go....then after about 10-15 min she emerge from the back and Doc W called me back...I was so scared....Well my friend who I left in the lobby ask the lady if she was ok...and she explained why she screaming so loud.....NOT A WLS PATIENT...Thank God... Any way..I will keep you guyz posted..I decided to do on line classes this term just in case I get a (drum roll please) DATE.... I saw alot of pics posted recently and you guyz a looking GREAT.....I can tell in the messages posted your feeling Great also... Keep up the good work every one and to PRE Ops...kepp plugg'n at it...I have decided that this summer..I will go down a slide with my daughter...and wear a cheezy mommy and me outfit....Did any one else set goals for themselves?????
JustHat
on 1/4/05 5:47 pm - NM
It's good to read an update from you. And, congrats on your graduation. I remember how embarrassed I was when I had to order a super sized gown for my graduation. Thank goodness they found you one. Did that lady say what kind of surgery she had? I think DH would have grabbed me and ran for the door if that happened in front of us. I didn't really have goals. But, it has been on my mind a lot lately when I realized I am doing something that I couldn't have months ago. For instance, after surgery, I was tired a lot of the time. My four year old suddenly started taking naps again. Worked for me really well. But, he wouldn't nap in the bed because that is napping. So, we snuggle on the couch. When we started, we couldn't comfortably lay side by side. If we did, I was hanging off the side. So, I would lay down and he would nap on top of me. I realized the other day that we not only can lay side by side now, but I can lay on my belly with him next to me.
Most Active