upcoming tummy tuck

JoyC
on 1/4/05 9:39 am - Federal Way, WA
Hi my name is Joy and I had my distal rny on 8/19/03 and I have lost about 155 lbs so far. My tummy tuck/panniculectomy/hernia repair is scheduled in two wks on January 19th by Dr. Srikanth. I of course am now starting to get very scared about this. I have heard that this surgery is more painful than my open bypass. I was only out of work for two weeks with that surgery and the doctor is saying I will have to be out of work for 8 wks with this one. I work at St Francis which of course is where I will be having the surgery so I know at least in that area I will be in good hands. Anyone out there that has had this done and can give me any words of advice it would be greatly appreciated. Also I was very lucky in that my insurance approved this surgery within about 3 wks of the doctors office sending in my letter of medical necessity. Anyway thanks in advance for your help Joy distal rny 8/19/03 340/180/150
JustHat
on 1/8/05 6:17 pm - NM
Joy, how are your nerves doing? I thought I had replied, but see now that I didn't. I wish I could help you. I have heard people say it was harder to recover from than open RNY. Yet, other people say it was easier. No help there at all. I do hope you will tell us all about it. If you haven't done so already, you might want to check out the PS boards. http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/plasticsurgery/posts.html Good luck! Hat
Most Active