RE: GHC changing requirements

auntlorlee
on 1/4/05 3:20 am - Bellingham, WA
Well I finally got some real answers. The requirements HAVE changed. Customer service just hasn't been informed of it yet. I did some digging and found a url at the bottom of the criteria I received from the surgeon's office. I just copied and pasted it and it took me to the criteria page on the GHC website. I was able to look at the updated version. There is no longer a requirement for 6-months of medically supervised weighloss program within the last 3 years. That requirement is now GONE!!! So... I have already trekked on down to the post office and have sent in my appeal. I sent it certified. Now the waiting begins. I am soooo nervous. I was told it could take 1-2 weeks for my answer. But once I get an answer, the surgeon's office told me to call immediately to set up an appointment. Thanks for the support and encouragement! I can't wait to come in here and tell you all that I am APPROVED!!!! Take care all you lovely people, Lori
ncarter11
on 1/4/05 7:34 am - Edmonds, WA
LORI!! That is great news! I am glad you kept digging. I tell you what, WLS does not just fall into our laps, does it? It's a lot of work and each step gives us a moment to reflect on our choice. It's a challenging path getting to approval, but it's a good one! By the time we get on the table, we are pretty sure of our choice! One more milestone, Lori! I will pray that this next few weeks passes quickly. Try not to worry too much. I can't wait to see your "I'm Approved" post! Take care! Nan
auntlorlee
on 1/4/05 7:41 am - Bellingham, WA
I can't wait either Nan! I just hope it's APPROVED and not DENIED...AGAIN! These next 2 weeks will be torture . Although, the denial only took 8 days I think.... Wonder if my approval will come that fast?? This journey is NOT easy for most people so I shouldn't be surprised at the length of time this has taken. I am a bit relieved that my appeal packet is in the mail as we speak. They will receive it tomorrow. I think I will just try and forget about it for the next couple weeks. It worked for me to forget about it through the last few weeks of December. Time flew by. I am glad work is busy right now and I don't have alot of time to daydream! Take care, Lori
Iridescense
on 1/4/05 8:30 am - university place, WA
I am praying for an approval for you. How awesome to find out that the barrier was removed. I am waiting until the 21st for a board meeting for my results. So we're in the same boat here. Good luck and I look forward to seeing an "APPROVED" posting from you some time soon.
auntlorlee
on 1/4/05 8:44 am - Bellingham, WA
Thanks Cindy! I will pray for you also. Can't wait until we BOTH can post "APPROVED!!!" Lori
Gerriann A.
on 1/4/05 10:51 am - Spokane, WA
Great news! I have a friend who also has group health and would like the information. Could you send me or post the URL you used to find out the new information? Thanks! -Gerriann 153+ pounds gone forever!
Jerry H.
on 1/10/05 3:59 am - Union, WA
Lori, could you please send me the URL also, I can't seem to find it on my criteria sheet? thanks, Jerry
auntlorlee
on 1/10/05 4:04 am - Bellingham, WA
This is the url for the criteria page: Don't forget the http:// and the www. ghc.org/hosting/clinical/criteria/reviewCriteria.jhtml?page= /common/clinical/criteria/obesitysurg05.html Lori
Most Active