I am HOME HOME HOME!!!!!!

redtweter
on 1/2/05 9:44 am - Four Oaks, NC
Hi everyone! First, thank you to Terry for posting and checking in on me, I really appreciated that greatly!!!! Okay, so surgery was on Dec. 28th. I hope everyone while I was out had a wonderful New Years, mine was great cause I am alive and now doing well. I had some problem after surgery, the surgeons nor myself know what happened. On the 29th I went back into surgery because I was having EXTREME chest pain, my blood pressure went up really high and my heart beat went down. Also, the morning when they went to do the leak test I kept saying I don't feel well over and over, they tried to stand me up and have me take my FIRST sip of anything and they said I got this look on my face in the dark room and the next thing they knew the machine and the techs were getting thrown up on, all blood too. It was not fun or exciting, but i did warn them....lol They thought for sure I must of had a leak for those things to be happening. After telling them (since that's all I can remember saying) is to please keep me alive and let my angels be with them. I woke up and was fine!!!!! I was in ICU for 2 days (only because they couldn't find me another bed!) The next day Dr. Hunter came in to talk to me again, told me he didn't have an idea really what happened. There was NO leak and everything looked good. He said they re stappled and glued everything to insure no leaks where happening that they couldn't see. So it is a mystery to what happened with me. I personally, which when I see him on my first post-op appt. will advise, was I think I had a really bad reaction to the medicine that hey me on for pain control. They were talking me off of it before all that happened and I was on something different for pain control for the rest of me 5 day visit. Everything now is going pretty good. I am sooooooooooooo glad to be home in my own bed and comforts of knowing what is around me. I have been sleeping 500x better, more soundly and such too, thank goodness. Everytime I need to take a little pain medicine though it has knocked me out totally. I sleep like I slept for 15 hrs in a 2 1/2 hr nap, I mean gosh, I have never before gotten that kind of nap. Food....going pretty good. I can now actually tolerate 4 oz or 1/2 a cup (i believe the same) in about 30 min. or so. It was taking me an hour to eat that much and cream of wheat really really fills me up fast. The gallstone medicine dr. hunter was us to take makes me gag and want to vomit, I hope i can swallow that pill very very soon. I am still trying to understand the enriched milk thing and use whenever available. I don't think I am eating even close to what I should be yet, nor drinking but I am trying. Been sucking on Propel since I have been home and really like that. Vitamins.......I still have to start bringing those into my life. Not sure yet how I am going to incorporate them, but I am sure I will figure out something. Hope I remember to buy all chewable types.... So again, thanks to everyone for all there wonderful support. I am home and happy to be here. I still have a few little things going on that I will follow-up with Dr. Hunter or but will hopefully pass. I hope everyone has a wonderful year and will talk to you soon. Loretta now on the "losing side"!!!!!!!!!
JustHat
on 1/2/05 12:20 pm - NM
Welcome home. That is some story. Even though I knew you were ok, I was holding my breath. I bet your family was a nervous wreck. But, it sounds like you got all of the excitement out of the way and things are going really well for you know. Thanks for updating us on your condition. Hat
Paula W.
on 1/2/05 2:07 pm - Des Moines, WA
Congratulations on getting home. Sorry that must have been a very scary experience and I am glad you are doing better now and compfortably at home. Take Care and Good Luck
Juliaaaa
on 1/3/05 1:57 am - puyallup, WA
WElcome home loretta!!! I'm so glad that you are ok. My surgery is on the 13th of Jan. I'm in Puyallup but will be going to Seattle for surgery. I wish you the best of luck.. keep us posted on your progress. Julia
Kimanne B
on 1/3/05 5:20 pm - Near The Emerald City, wa
Aw hun, I'm so glad you're ok! Welcome home and congrats on being a big loser now!! Glad to hear you are feeling better and that there wasn't a leak or anything of that sort. Keep us posted on your progress and take care of yourself! XoXo~ Kimanne
Most Active