SUPPORT GROUP JAN MEETING

Mcfatpants
on 12/30/04 1:21 am - bellevue, WA
My new support group is up and running. We will have our meetings the first thursday of every month 7-9pm starting in Jan 05 in Bellevue, Wa. I already have many fun and exciting things planned for our group. If you are interested please email me and I will send you the appropriate information. Meeting open to all WLS people in the Washington area, considering, pre-op, post-op up to two years, support people and friends encouraged to attend. Meeting is open to all regardless of surgery type, status, or surgeon. No children or pets. No charge but open to donations. Email for directions, any questions, or if you want to be put on my email reminder notice. Meeting dates are as follows for 2005: JAN 6 Feb 3, March 3, April 7, May 5, June 2, July 7, Aug 4, Sept 1, Oct 6, Nov 3, Dec 1 (dates are subject to change) If you need any further info, please let me know. Happy New Year Tonja, Obesityhelp chapter leader.
JustHat
on 12/30/04 3:51 am - NM
Tonja, I am wondering why post ops only up to two years after their surgery. I would also like to hear a couple of examples of what you have planned. Sadly, I won't be able to make it. But, I always wonder what other support groups do. The one I have been to is always an open chat time. I hope things on the personal front are coming alone nicely. When do you think all of the legal issues will be settled? Hat
Mcfatpants
on 12/30/04 9:40 am - bellevue, WA
WLS patients that have met the 2 year mark have different issues than the ones under 2 years, that is why there are groups for patients 2 years and over, that's why the limit on post ops. We will be discussing issues of nutrition, emotional, physical, and personal issues. We will be handing out samples and having speakers. It is a more structured 2 hours and there is a chat time set up at the end so its not like an open free chat time.
Mcfatpants
on 12/30/04 10:10 am - bellevue, WA
You might want to contact Monica Ganz about getting training for a support group for 2 years and over.
Most Active