I'm alive and doing well

JoanieC
on 12/28/04 5:03 am - Athena, OR
Hello All Well, it's been about 2 1/2 weeks since surgery and I'm doing pretty good. Everyday I feel better and doing more. I'm alittle depressed right now. I think it's the weather...all foggy and cold. I can't wait til I'm feeling 100% and also be able to eat alittle better. This is a real change...my family is still eating the same and I'm here eating bits and pieces. I know it will get better!! I've lost 25lbs so far and very excited about that. Thanks so much for all the well the wishes and prayers...I really felt them and my recovery has been remarkable! Happy New Year Everyone...God Bless! Joanie
karen C.
on 12/28/04 10:08 am - Kennewick, WA
Joanie, Do you have a support group? I'm in Kennewick and looking for one fairly close to me. Best wishes, Karen
JoanieC
on 12/28/04 10:20 am - Athena, OR
Hi Karen No, I don't but would like to go to one! I think there are meetings in Pendleton and Walla Walla every month. I think the one in Walla Walla is the first Wednesday of the month at Shari's maybe. They are trying to get one going in Pendleton too. When I find out more, I'll let ya know, k? If you find anything out, please let me know Take Care and Happy New Year! Joanie
Kimanne B
on 12/28/04 1:34 pm - Near The Emerald City, wa
Congrats!! Good to hear you are home and doing so well! Great job on the weightloss too! XoXo~ Kimanne
JoanieC
on 12/29/04 11:38 am - Athena, OR
Thanks so Kimanne!!!
tinktee
on 12/28/04 4:29 pm - Spanaway, WA
Hi Joanie, welcome to the losing side of life. Isn't it awesome that you have lost 25 big ones? It will get easier and you could be feeling low because of the drugs. Keep up the great job of being a loser. Have any questions just ask us post-oppers. Tee
JoanieC
on 12/29/04 11:41 am - Athena, OR
Hi Tee! Thanks for encouraging words. I feel so ungrateful feeling so down in the dumps. I'm very excited about the weightloss! I've never lost 25lbs in 2 1/2 weeks!! I think you're right about the meds and I also think I'm mourning food. I feel like it will never ever be the same again and wonder if I did the right thing. Gosh, I hate this....it's too late now...LOL Again..thanks so much! Happy New Year Joanie
Mcfatpants
on 12/29/04 1:51 am - bellevue, WA
Wow, 25lbs in almost 3 weeks, way to go!! The depression may also be from all the meds they pump into you as well as the anesthesia. Hope you are feeling better soon.
JoanieC
on 12/29/04 11:42 am - Athena, OR
Thanks so much! It will get better soon! I hope! LOL Have a Happy New Year! Joanie
JustHat
on 12/29/04 1:35 pm - NM
Hey, good to hear from you. And, even better to hear that things are going to so well. Soon your family will get used to your not having a plate and just picking out of theirs.
Most Active