Am i going to be proximal or distal?

chunkable
on 12/27/04 8:43 am - federal way, wa
Has anyone else had 200cm bypassed and does that make me a distal or a proximal? I am trying to figure out what my vitamin needs are going to be before my surgery next month. Im sure excited but a little nervous since I am going to be in Mexico.. Anyone have any information for me?? Cindy Federal way
redtweter
on 12/27/04 10:12 am - Four Oaks, NC
Hi Cindy I believe that a 200cm is classified as a long proximal. Distals more like to say they only have 60cm left, instead of how much bypassed. I would definatly ask the surgeon, so you can better understand. I would, also, recommend emailing Vitalady, Michelle. She is extremely knowledgeable and can help you on what you are classified as and vitamin recommendation. Hope that helped some. Loretta surgery tomorrow (12/28)!!!!
sspev
on 12/27/04 1:10 pm - Seattle area (Everett), WA
Hi, Cindy, Congratulations on your upcoming big day. What a wonderful way to start out 2005. It's good that you're doing your homework and planning ahead for your nutritional needs. Given that you live in Federal Way, you're not far from Vitalady. My suggestion is check out her website, and make an appointment to go meet with her. She lives in Puyallup, and her business is in her home. She'll provide you with a wealth of information, and explain the vitamins and protein you need and where it's absorbed, so you know how to get in everything that you need. She had her surgery 10 years ago, when there wasn't all the information out there that we have now, so she learned on her own, and is a benefit to all of us! They also have monthly support group meetings in their home, the 2nd Tuesday of the month, and also the following Wednesday. Good luck, Susan
Most Active