contacting prospective surgeons...

Luna_Rose
on 12/27/04 3:32 am - Wenatchee, WA
I have decided that Dr. Lauter is not for me, and am once again on the look-out for a surgeon. I live in Wenatchee...pretty much smack dab in the middle of Seattle and Spokane...and want to avoid any unnecessary long distance travel. Does anyone have any thoughts or advice on how I can contact a prospective surgeon without making the 2-3 hr drive just to find out that they have 'issues' with Medicare and will require $7000 up-front? I'm sure Dr. Lauter is an excellent surgeon, don't get me wrong, but my day trip to Kirkland on the 15th was an absolute waste of time. All he did was listen to my lungs, thump my stomach, and tell me I was a financially unsuitable candidate for him because of Medicare, and that to consider me he'd want $7000 for the surgeon's fee up-front.. I have been researching and may have found a surgeon in Spokane, but do not have the time or the money to make another day trip without first establishing a sort of relationship. Thanks Y'all!!!! Cindy in Wenatchee
talkingkatz
on 12/27/04 8:03 am - Maple Valley, WA
Have heard there are new surgeons for U of WA in Spokane. Also, about a month or so ago, they were looking at shorter waiting times than the Uof WA surgeries on this side of the mountains. Don't know if UofWA takes Medicare, but they do take DSHS. Seems like they should be able to tell you up front whether or not they accept Medicare. Frustrating up hill battle, isn't it? Hang in there, it'll work out!
Paula W.
on 12/27/04 9:46 am - Des Moines, WA
Really this is good news. I am on the wait list at the Uof W in Seattle. Do you know how many more surgeons there are here and an idea how much quicker it may be? I called them today but just got a recording. I do so wish they had like a waiting list number that they assign.
Paula W.
on 12/27/04 9:43 am - Des Moines, WA
Hi That is to bad they did not tell you up front about the fact he ewill take medicare only with a down payment . Dr Thrilby I hear takes medicare. Things change so fast though He may no longer. Be happy you have medicare though as they do not require pre-authorization. Good Luck
Kimanne B
on 12/28/04 1:42 pm - Near The Emerald City, wa
Hi Cindy, Dr. Thirlby (Virginia Mason of Seattle) and Dr. Hunter (Virginia Mason of Federal Way) BOTH take Medicare, I have Medicare and Dr. Thirlby did my surgery in Oct. Try calling Myrene Bruce, she handles all the insurance issues for both Doctors. It was quite easy for me to have my surgery, they handled all of the paperwork aspect for me! Good luck and God Bless, Kimanne
Most Active