Question?

karen C.
on 12/26/04 7:18 pm - Kennewick, WA
We'll be going to Lincoln City in April only about 6 weeks after I have surgery. Will I be able to use the hot tub at the place we rent?
talkingkatz
on 12/27/04 8:08 am - Maple Valley, WA
My incision was just fine long before that time. You probably should check with your Dr.'s office before just in case there may be some internal reason to not sit in the hot tub. I think I'd have been able to do that at a few weeks out, even with an open RNY.
Iridescense
on 12/28/04 2:56 am - university place, WA
Karen definitely talk to your dr. It will depend on 1st his opinion & 2nd how well you are healed. If you have any type of open wound still I would say 200% no way. I own a hot tub and I guarantee you that they are very bacteria prone due to the things (people, deodorant, perfume, soap, germs, etc) that go into them. The ho****er is a breeding ground for bacteria. It is a never ending chore (simple, but time consuming) to stay on top of this with chemical treatments. If you are healed really well and if they (ask for detailed info) are very diligent about treating the water then maybe, if your dr says o.k. Have a fun and happy trip and hot tub or not I'm guessing you'll have a blast.
Most Active