Back from Surgery!

dianaism
on 12/24/04 10:00 am - Tacoma, WA
Hi all! I got back from surgery last night. Had laproscopic on 12/21 with Dr. Bock at Group Health Eastside. He's my hero! No complications for me, although my surgeon said he had a hard time and the surgery took one hour longer than usual. I have nine small holes that are stapled up and will be removed next week. My whole experience was pretty good. My biggest complaint - the bed was a pain to operate and almost none of the nurses knew how to use it either. I've been keeping everything down. My doctor doesn't recommend protein shakes; he prefers I get protein from "real" food. Been eating yogurt, Atkins ice cream bars, fruit, blenderized boiled chicken breast mixed with tomato juice, mashed bananas, Gerber sweet potatoes. This will be my first full day at home. Will see how I do getting in all the protein. Thanks everyone for your support! I'm a loser now!
Kimanne B
on 12/24/04 1:13 pm - Near The Emerald City, wa
Yay!!! Welcome home!! What a great Christmas gift to yourself Wow, I couldn't have pureed foods until three weeks out! You go girl!! Merry Christmas and welcome to the losers side, what a great way to start the New Year!!! XoXo~ Kimanne
dianaism
on 12/25/04 3:23 am - Tacoma, WA
Hi Kimanne. I see your photo a lot on this message board. If that is your "before" photo then I can't wait to see your "after" photo. You're a beautiful girl! I will try to get my photo posted soon. Thanks and Merry Christmas to you too!
Kimanne B
on 12/25/04 6:24 am - Near The Emerald City, wa
Awwww ((hugs)) you're so sweet! That is my before picture at around 315lbs... I'd love to see a picture of you!! It's so nice to put the posts with a face Well, I'm off to my church for our Christmas dinner! Hope you are having a wonderful Christmas! XoXo~ Kimanne
tinktee
on 12/24/04 4:33 pm - Spanaway, WA
Hey D CONGRATS to you. I'm so happy for you. There is only one thing that I have to ask you, what the heck are you eating? Chicken breast with tomato juice, oh honey are you all right? I guess dont knock it until you try it, right? Glad your home and doing good. Tee
dianaism
on 12/25/04 3:05 am - Tacoma, WA
Thanks Tee. Well, I just happended to have tomato juice nearby so I poured some in my bowl and it actually wasn't too bad. I thought of it as a simple form of chicken cacciatore.
Justme J.
on 12/24/04 10:33 pm - Lynnwood, WA
Wow! I am so happy for you. Dr. Bock is my doctor, I haven't met him yet but I have heard a lot of good things about him. How long after getting approval did you have surgery? I am looking forward to hearing your progress. Congratulations again. Respectfully, Janet
dianaism
on 12/25/04 3:16 am - Tacoma, WA
I began with the Weigh****chers Online in February. I got approved shortly after my doctor referred me six months later. I wasn't supposed to have surgery until April-May but my plan will no longer cover the surgery starting January 2005, so Dr. Bock was kind enough to squeeze me into his hectic schedule. I am truly awed by him and his dedication to helping people like us. He also does breast cancer surgery, and since he works for Group Health you know he's not doing it for the money. I don't think he gets paid per surgery. I was his second patient that morning and the rest of the time I was there it seemed he was always in surgery. I just can't say enough about him. He is strict, though, but in a good way. All the nurses there had nothing but positive things to say about him too.
karen C.
on 12/24/04 11:03 pm - Kennewick, WA
Merry Christmas! What a wonderful Christmas gift. Take care of yourself. All my best to you. Karen
dianaism
on 12/25/04 3:26 am - Tacoma, WA
Thanks Karen and Merry Christmas to you too! Diana
Most Active