Pre Ops

JustHat
on 12/24/04 3:33 am - NM
How long did you think about the surgery before taking the first step? What is the one biggest reason you want to have surgery? What do you think will be the hardest part? Is there something that you always wanted to do but haven't because of your weight? Other than death or failed surgery, what is your biggest fear about having surgery?
karen C.
on 12/24/04 5:53 am - Kennewick, WA
I've been seriously considering surgery for about a year now. My insurance has an exclusion policy. I didn't for a while that there was also a "medical necessity" clause. They don't exactly advertise! Why do I want to have surgery? I'm not living life, I'm on the sidelines and just barely that! I want to participate fully. What do I want to do? Many things, but at the top of my list is to visit Machu Pichu in Peru. I know I'll really have to be in shape for it, but I can dream. Short term, many things involving travel that have been just too difficult for the past few years. My biggest fear. . . dealing with all of the emotional stuff that I have stuffed down with food for so many years. I know it will be hard!
Most Active