Protein Question

marjoe98446
on 12/23/04 2:14 am - Tacoma, WA
I can't remember if I was told that a body would not consume more than a certain amount of protein at 1 time. I take 1 scoop and add it to 4Oz low fat milk for 30 Grams and I do this 3 times a day. What I was wondering could I do 2 Scoops for a total of 60 at 1 time? Am I making any sense? Hope so Thanks In Advance On Any Help Mary Jo
JustHat
on 12/23/04 3:51 am - NM
I think the amount of protein that can be absorbed at one meal is up for debate. Many people say they know the answer, but I don't think anyone really knows for sure. I asked my nutritionist and she said to stick to 20 to 30 grams in a meal. If you try and push in more than that, you take a chance of counting protein grams for the day that you aren't actually absorbing and wasting money. 90 g is a lot from protein shakes in a day. (I should be so good.) Are you getting any of your protein from food? Why do you want to cut it down? I am impressed that you could swallow a shake as thick as two scopes in 4 ozs. I got so I couldn't even drink 1 scoop in 6 oz. I started buying the ready to drink because it was thinner. Hat
Debadoh
on 12/23/04 11:53 am - Sumner, WA
Hi Guys! I have a related question and it seems like you guys know your protein!! I'm protein-loading before surgery. ( 20 days to go) I just bought some Champion Whey Stack chocolate and swear I'm getting a headache after every shake. Sometimes a little nauseated too. I notice it totally fills me up so I'm wondering if it's just because I'm drinking it too fast. I'm mixing a scoop and a half in about 7-8 oz of water. Wondered if anyone else has had this problem. Thanks! Deb
talkingkatz
on 12/24/04 5:52 am - Maple Valley, WA
I've heard the body can't absorb more than 30 grams at a time. Not sure what the experts say, tho.
Most Active