OK, WA fellowship, this is getting serious!

karen C.
on 12/22/04 6:59 pm - Kennewick, WA
I have the rest of my pre-op tests scheduled for Dec. 28, I have a pre-op visit in Kirkland Ja. 27, a nutritionist visit Ja. 28 at Nutritionworks, and a "tentative" surgery date of Feb. 17! Tomorrow I have my final CPAP fitting and bring my machine home. Wow, is this really going to happen? Praying that all tests turn out ok and that I'm given the final green light! Now, a couple of requests. Months ago I read about somewhere on the westside where a woman offers samples of different kinds of protein powders? Also, what do I look for in a protein powder? How many grams per scoop? I have a very easy gag reflex, never could keep something like Pepto Bismol down long enough for it to do its thing, so taste and texture definitely come into play here. Years ago on Optifast, I handled that fine, even liked it. Any suggestions for these supplements? I read that some people "go liquid" for a few weeks before surgery. Is this an individual doctor's request or can anyone do it? I'm so ready to start practicing this new lifestyle, any suggestions greatly appreciated. Here it is 3am and I'm wide awake again. Sure hope the CPAP machine and I bond and I can get some good sleep!
kevphill
on 12/22/04 9:12 pm - MI
Hey! I'm not a WA. person - Michigan but I surf. I found that Keto slim tasted the best to me. You can buy it in packets to try it out. I buy 3 cans at a time now of all three flavors. I mix it with Dairy Ease low fat mil**** and a fruit like strawberries and let it fly. Any more than 27 grams of protein in a sitting is a waste. Drink that over a 30 minute time frame and you will be golden. The packets are double that so a half a packet is good. I also use Pria bars and Keto slim bars to supplement my diet. Good luck. kp 368/222/210
Mcfatpants
on 12/22/04 11:08 pm - bellevue, WA
I found a better and less expensive nutritionist at the University of Washington. If you would like her email let me know. The gals at nutritionworks are nice and all but not that easy to get ahold of when you need them and their prices are a little steep, $900 for the year! I can't swallow vitamins so I use the spray vitamins and a chewable iron. Everyone has different tastes for the protein drinks and my tastes changed after I was finally able to eat, 8 months after the surgery. Best of luck to you.
Amanda P.
on 12/23/04 5:00 am - Wa
Hello Karen, I get my protien and vitamins on-line from enjoyhealth.com, they sell sample packs of protien and nector protiens. They also have Isotonix liquid vitamins. I use the liquid vitamins, cause the idea of trying to swallow 27 pills a day just doesnt work for me, and the price between the 2 very close to the same. The price for the sample packs is like $15 for 11 or 12 samples. As for liquid diet, anyone can go on liquid diet before surgery. Some surgeons require it, and some dont, same with the bowel prep, some require and some dont. I feel very lucky, I was able to eat until midnight the night before surgery and I didnt have to do a bowel prep. either. Hope this helps, take care...........Amanda
Most Active