Im going to Mexico in January for surgery

chunkable
on 12/21/04 8:25 am - federal way, wa
I just wanted to let everyone know I am having surgery in Mexico on January 26th with Dr Aguirre. He is doing a 200cm bypass on me. I am assuming that is distal but I am not sure if anyone knows what this is considered please let me know Thanks so much Cindy Federal way
Luna_Rose
on 12/21/04 10:03 am - Wenatchee, WA
Cindy~ Good luck with your surgery!! Can you maybe share with me why you decided to go to Mexico to have it done? I have seen you post several times, and have always wondered that. I wish you an efficient, uneventful surgery and a speedy, painless recovery!!! Cindy in Wenatchee
chunkable
on 12/22/04 2:29 am - federal way, wa
Hi Cindy. Love your name wink wink. The reason I chose to go to Mexico is because my insurance company left me high and dry and to get the surgery done over here was going to cost me $29,000.00 and I simply couldn't and didn't want to spend that much money. I did a lot of research on Dr's in Mexico and decided that Dr Aguirre had the most experience with what I was looking for. He seemed like a great guy and they are always very responsive to my emails. They are very sweet and I have heard that they take excellent care of you while your down there even better than what treatment you would get up here. Plus his cost was only 11,000.00 so I only had to get a loan for $5000.00 and the rest I paid cash. How could I pass that up. Im hoping that I can be as succesful as everyone else has been.. Thank you so much for writing and all of your well wishes.. Im very excited but nervous at the same time.. Cindy
JustHat
on 12/21/04 1:48 pm - NM
Congratulations. I have heard only good things about Dr. Aguirre. When I friend went down for her surgery, I wrote to him to get an address that I could send some cards to while she was down there. He got right back to me the next day. He even gave me a state side addy so it wouldn't cost me extra and take too long to get there. I was impressed. I can't even get my own doctor to call me back. Hat
talkingkatz
on 12/21/04 3:03 pm - Maple Valley, WA
I think that is considered a longer proximal. But, am also interested in what others here think?? Distals are measured more from the opposite end (distal) end of the small intestine (much shorter common channel). 200 cm would still leave 15-17 feet of sm. intestine and true distals leave about 3-6 feet. That is my understanding.
Most Active