usually just go to main msg board...HI EVERYONE!!

cocabearkim
on 12/16/04 9:53 pm - WA
I have been around here for about a year, just usually post on the main board because the WA board was pretty slow. Anyhoo... My name is Kim, I had open RNY May 3, 2004 - 7 1/2 mo's ago. I have lost 156 lbs - which still amazes me. I have dropped in sizes from 32 to an 18!! It is surreal to me, and has gone by so fast. I started at 366. I have not been this size since Jr. High. I realized yesterday that I am finally below my drivers license weight - which of course was always at least 100 lbs less than what I actually was I am definatly going to get a new one soon!! I have had no complications - thank God!! I still get sic****assionally because I will eat too fast. Sometimes I dump, even on things I have eaten without a problem before. I cannot eat beef other than hamburger anymore. Totally lost my taste for it. I cooked myself a steak a few weeks ago, and got nauseous on the first bit just chewing it. My fav meat is chicken, and has gone down good from the beginning (well since 3 mo's post op since my Dr. doesn't release us to reg foods for that long). I have been eating mostly protien bars for the past few months. My hubby had a stroke and has been in a nursing home for rehab, so I don't cook just for myself. I really like Zone Perfect bars, so that is my primary food of choice. I also really like Sara Lee delightful bagels with either Peanut butter or a slice of cheese. Happy Holidays Kim May 3, 2004 -156
Sweet Georgia Brown
on 12/16/04 10:35 pm - Mililani, HI
Kim! Congratulations on your successful weightloss in less than 1 year. Sorry to hear about your husband, but hopefully his rehabilliation is going well. Happy Holidays to you as well. Anitra
Mcfatpants
on 12/17/04 12:02 am - bellevue, WA
Would Love to have you with us. My new support group is up and running. We will have our meetings the first thursday of every month 7-9pm starting in Jan 05 in Bellevue, Wa. I already have many fun and exciting things planned for our group. If you are interested please email me and I will send you the appropriate information. Meeting open to all WLS people in the Washington area, considering, pre-op, post-op up to two years, support people and friends encouraged to attend. Meeting is open to all regardless of surgery type, status, or surgeon. No children or pets. No charge but open to donations. Email for directions, any questions, or if you want to be put on my email reminder notice. Meeting dates are as follows for 2005: Jan 6, Feb 3, March 3, April 7, May 5, June 2, July 7, Aug 4, Sept 1, Oct 6, Nov 3, Dec 1 (dates are subject to change) If you need any further info, please let me know. Happy Holidays Tonja, Obesityhelp chapter leader.
pat9047
on 12/17/04 5:48 am - CO
What happy news. It brightened my day.
Kimanne B
on 12/18/04 8:37 am - Near The Emerald City, wa
Hi Kim Welcome to the WA Board! What a great job you've done losing weight! I bet you are so proud! I'm glad you stopped in and shared your story with us It's great to meet you, and I will say a prayer for your dear Husband. God Bless, XoXo~ Kimanne
tinktee
on 12/18/04 12:17 pm - Spanaway, WA
CONGRATS Kim on your WL. That is awesome! Tee
Most Active