Next question... medical records

GTaylor842
on 12/16/04 12:42 am - Port Orchard, WA
Since you all were so helpful in my last post I decided to ask for help with my next hurdle. I switched to the Boeing traditional medical plan effective on Jan 1, 2005 so that I would be able to have this surgery. According to their requirements I need a five year documented history of obesity. I moved from Tacoma to Connecticut in '99 and then back again to Port Orchard in '01. In that time I was gone, I had a different physician of course. How do I get ahold of those records for those years? Will the WISH center help me request those records or do I absolutely need them ahead of time? I'm not sure if I should be doing something now to expedite this process or not. Thanks, Greg
ncarter11
on 12/16/04 3:58 am - Edmonds, WA
My surgeon provided forms which I signed and faxed to my regular doc's office requesting and giving permission for my records to be sent to the surgeon's office. I think I was charged so much per page after 20pgs or so. It was a nominmal fee. So my guess is that, yes, the Wish Center will have the necessary forms for you to request your records. Just get a copy for each office! Take care, Greg! Nancy
Debadoh
on 12/18/04 3:32 am - Sumner, WA
Greg-You can get a form from your surgeon or even send a letter to the provider with your name, SSN, birthdate and a detailed note of what you need and it should suffice. One pitfall of sending a the MD's forms however, is that they may send the records to the physician instead of to you. I personally and a 50/50 result. Even though I checked the box that said send it to my home they still went to the surgeon. I'm keeping an extra copy of ANYTHING should the insurance have any issues. Also, If you need help finding providers in different states let me know. My work has me tracking down doctors all the time and I'm totally willing to help you get the addresses and fax numbers if needed. Good luck! Deb
Most Active