Has anyone on (GROUP HEALTH OPTIONS) gotten surgery???

smagickgirl17
on 12/12/04 10:01 am - mccleary, WA
Hi, I really would like info on insurance?? The insurance is through WALMART called Group Health Options? Wondering if it covers the surgery?? Can anyone help? Someone Eles said that Group Health Wont cover after the new Year? But I have the Options Plan is that the same?? thanks steph
ncarter11
on 12/13/04 1:55 am - Edmonds, WA
Hi! Call Group Health and ask them. That's what I did. Each policy is different. You can also ask them to send you a copy of your policy to read for yourself. Good luck! Nancy
smagickgirl17
on 12/13/04 9:42 pm - mccleary, WA
Thankyou! They will not send me any info until Jan 1st 2005 when our policy starts I just hope that getting on my soon to be husbands insurance will finally, help me get the surgery if possible..... Going crazy wanting this for 5 years and getting no where..I am just worried that with already having an existing condition that they will not give the surgery to me either, but I am not sure how they work the policies.. Thankyou and you look great!! stephanie
eliz
on 12/15/04 12:27 pm - Lacey, WA
Are you a state employee? If so, none of the providers will provide coverage for obesity treatment in any form. Several of us have written the PEBB. If there is no change next year, we're getting an attorney for a class action suit. If the feds recognize obesity as a disease and cover treatment, the states should follow suit. Elizabeth
kathyg
on 12/17/04 12:27 pm - Shelton, Wa
Stephanie, Hey it's Kathy G from Wal-Mart I am calling on Monday to see what Group Health is going to cover as far as my follow up with plastic surgery it is my understanding that they do cover it if you can prove 6 months of diets, I promise you that I will walk this journey with you and be there for you all the way. Kathy -130
smagickgirl17
on 12/20/04 4:43 am - mccleary, WA
kathy, Thankyou so much group health will not tell me anything until after I am on the plan and that will not be until after Jan 1st. I have had alot of people tell me they will not longer be covering anything after the first of the year. I called Olympia to the same Dr. you went through and the lady there was great and she said she would help me as much as possible. I really appreciate anything that you can help me with!!!! Thanyou so much again! stephanie
Most Active