Maybe I messed up because I fell?

catly
on 12/11/04 6:55 pm - Everett, WA
Hi, My husband and I just moved last weekend to south Everett, and we're still picking up extra stuff at the house. This afternoon I lost my balance, which I do easily, and fell for the first time since before my surgery. I fell on my left side and it made such a clatter I thought of "'twas the night before Christmas," but didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I felt so stupid! Jim was in the restroom so I waited for him. I was near my Nova walker thingy (which I have only used once right after wls) but was not near a wall or anything really sturdy. Jim gave me his hand but I was afraid I'd break his hand or arm intrying to get up. But then I surprised myself and just twisted and got up! I was so pleased to be able to do this now. However, I wonder if this blow to my self-esteem had anything to do with my eating candy today. I wonder if I unconsciously thought I was rewarding myself for having a mishap today? If so, I need to replace such rewards with nonfood. Oh! this holiday stuff is so hard for me and some others are just gliding through the whole thing so well. I am proud of anyone who has not goofed as I have today, but I sure wish I would calm down and just get to bed. Thanks. LM the night-owl
tinktee
on 12/12/04 12:49 am - Spanaway, WA
Hi Lauren, Sorry to hear that you lost your balance and fell. I hope everything in your new tummy is a ok. I feel very blessed because I don't crave sweets any longer but I do crave carbs now and then. I use to crave both carbs and sugar alot. Maybe try carring sugar free hard candies in your pocket or purse at all times and that way maybe you wouldn't feel so tempted. Do you like fudgsicles? The sugar free one's are very tasty. Isn't it great when we try to do something now and we are surprized when we do it. Like when I crossed my leg and it felt good and my leg stayed crossed, WOW! Pretty soon you will be kicking that walker to the curb! Take care and don't beat yourself up for having a taste of candy. Tee
karenyt
on 12/13/04 4:31 am - Renton, WA
I think sometimes these things happen to remind us of where we started, how far we've come and how important it is to us to continue on our paths, even though we wave a little in our daily plans. Sounds like you are nearly walker free, which is a great change, and will only keep getting better with more time and weight loss. Keep up the good work and let us know how you're doing again soon!! Yours without yelling, Karen Thompson Renton, WA 09-15-2004 55 pounds+ down
Most Active