Out of town in a hotel

karenyt
on 12/10/04 5:55 am - Renton, WA
Hi all. I am out of town for work, staying in a hotel in California, and was really worried about this before I traveled. So far so good. I am using the exercise room, walking around the grounds for exercise, and staying on my protein powder and food plans. I have really noticed how much of socializing is built around food however; we all go out to restaurants for dinner each night and usually for lunch too - I go along, spend my money for a small order of chicken or something lean protein, eat my bites and socialize too. Hard to do, yes... but I don't want to be a party pooper or alone all the time!! Any support messages through here would be welcomed! I got a little fridge for my room so I keep my 1% milk and some cheese, water in that and am doing OK but basically feel two things: Very different in foods than the others, and than myself before and very able to walk, climb steps, do things without dying in the process (figuratively) like before!! Hurray for the changes!! However, I am lonely and ready to come home. One more week to go!! Karen Thompson 09-15-2004 55+ pounds down
karen C.
on 12/10/04 8:09 am - Kennewick, WA
Wish I could trade places for a week! I'd love to go anywhere! Sounds like you're doing good, especially for being so "new." I'm sure you do notice a big difference already in how you get around. I can't wait! But I have to until the end of February probably. Take care of yourself. I'm sure every little meal you order is still enough for you to take home and have for the next 3 or 4 meals. Wow, 55 pounds in less than two months! Wonderful Karen in Kennewick
SWooldridge
on 12/10/04 8:50 am - Carmel, IN
Karen, I travel about 3 weeks a month and the key is being prepared which it sounds like you are. I find just nibbling and babysitting drinks gets me through dinner. If you are with co workers like I usually am, I just usually share something with someone else usually ladies that don't eat that much either, or one of my buddies that doesn't mind devouring the leftovers. Great job on your loss. Steve
Iridescense
on 12/10/04 1:41 pm - university place, WA
Karen, Congratulations on the weight loss so far, you've done awesome. It sounds like you've got it figured out and are doing pretty well despite the uncertainties you likely felt before going. Keep up the good work and best wishes for a good trip, safe travel and happy holidays.
marcie158
on 12/14/04 9:17 am - tacoma, wa
i have also found eating out to be a challenge, but the more you do it, the more comfortable you will be, just eat healthy
Most Active