Need a good shake....

Rachael E.
on 12/9/04 8:59 am
I am just wondering what you all are drinking for your protien shakes....I need a good one. I am so sick of the Costco shakes I could hurl thinking about it. My wieght loss has slowed down so much so I know I need more protien and most likely to up my caloric intake-I hope a shake will help kick start everything. I dump really easy on sugar so it has to be sugar free or just about sugar free. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance, Rachael open RNY 9/2/04 ~77 LBS.
Craig E.
on 12/9/04 9:11 am
HI Rachel, I've used the Champion Nutrition Pure Whey Stack Vanilla or Chocolate since before I had surgery. You don't even need a blender to mix and there are NO CLUMPS! It completely dissolves. Plus it's got hardly any grams of sugar and it tastes good just by itself. Sometimes I'll throw some SF Caramel Torani Syrup into the Vanilla for something different, but overall they are really good all by themselves. I've had no problems getting in 90-120 grams of protein each day since surgery. I hope this helps you. I order mine at www.allsportsnutrition.com It only costs 22 bucks for a 5 lb container and it lasts me about 3 weeks. Good Luck, Craig 379/305/200
Amanda P.
on 12/9/04 10:04 am - Wa
I second that motion on the champion pure whey stack. Its not bad at all. I dont have any problem getting 120g in every day. I mean its not like yippie skippie I get to drink a protien shake, but I dont dred it either. Take care.......Amanda
Gerriann A.
on 12/9/04 12:07 pm - Spokane, WA
After I had surgery I could not do really sweet things so I found that the Necter Roadside Lemonade was wonderful. I made this receipe: 2 scoops of Roadside Lemonade 1 good squeeze of pure lemon juice (yes the concentrate) 1 can of Minute Maid Light Lemonade. ice cubes! Blend in the blender. It is fabulous. I lived off of them and still have them when I am low on protien for the day and need something tart. Hope that helps you out. Also I got these because they did not need milk and tasted great over ice. -Gerriann Lap RNY 5/14/04 143 pounds gone forever!
lilchickad
on 12/10/04 12:16 am - Bonney Lake, WA
Hi Rachael, I use Amino Infusion 5000. It is a "syrup" protein that comes in several flavors. I use the Rasberry flavored one and put it in sugar free Crystal Light Lemonade. It's not too bad. 1 tablespoon has 5 grams of protein, so I make a glass of lemonade (about 10 ounces) and put 6 tablespoons in for my 30 grams at a time dosage! I could not tolerate the Champion, it made me have small dumping episodes. So if you are sick of chocolate and strawberry type shakes, this might be a good one for you to try. It is 16.99 for a bottle of it. I got it from the Vitalady. Hopefully that helps I have also heard Isopure from GNC is pretty good. It is fruit flavored as well, but I have not tried that one yet. Laura
Rachael E.
on 12/10/04 1:08 am
Thanks everyone, I know it will really help me out to get more protien in. I have been so bad with my water lately too....and I have had some major migraines becaus of it. I am working on getting on top of all this, it just takes time. Thanks again for all the input on the yummy drinks. Rachael
tinktee
on 12/10/04 5:32 am - Spanaway, WA
Hi Rachael, hey I know of some very good protien and its 35grms of protien. I get it through EnjoyHealth.com they are located in Kent. My fav. is the Champion chocolate and vanilla cream. Emmmmm very good, taste like chocolate cake but not as sweet. I mix the protien with 1percent milk and some times with a banana. yummy! Tee
Most Active