Iron Help

awidick
on 12/3/04 1:48 am - Spanaway, WA
Can anyone please tell me what you are taking for iron and how much. I bought some liquid iron and OMG it made me so I'm looking for something else. Arlene
kristibo
on 12/3/04 3:31 am - Redmond, WA
Hi Arlene, I'm just taking a multivitamin with Iron in it. I've been taking the Centrum chewable vitamins. Each pill has 18 mg of Iron. Kristi
Chrissy P.
on 12/3/04 7:10 am - Federal Way, WA
Hi! I chew 2 Flintstones vitamins every morning. One of them has 100% of the daily recommended value of iron for adults. If this is not enough for us, please let me know. I also ordered a chewable iron supplement from bariatricadvantage.com, but I haven't had the guts to try it yet. Chris
imagrama
on 12/4/04 9:36 am - Gig Harbor, WA
Arlene, my surgeon, Dr Weber, suggested taking iron every day and suggested getting the chewable from bariatricadvantage.com. It's a small grape flavor chewable and tastes fine. Dr Weber said he doesn't know of any place else to get the chewable iron and I haven't seen it any place else, either. Hope this helps. Sue
ncarter11
on 12/6/04 2:08 am - Edmonds, WA
The chewable iron other posts mentioned is really not bad. I do the flinstone thing, tho - 2 daily. They are smaller and more paletable and when doubled equals or betters centrum. I take my calcium citrate in the form of a liquid. I'd rather gag down 2 tablespoons of icky liquid than chew those monster chalky pills! Can't wait til I can tolerate pills and just swallow 'em all! Nancy Open RNY 09/16/04 -72lbs total (21 preop, 51 post) 276/204/150
Most Active