scared and worried

Chrissy P.
on 12/3/04 10:11 am - Federal Way, WA
Thanks, Kiki! I've caught your enthusiasm and today has been a complete turnaround for me. I am glad that your positive attitude is so contagious, as well it should be! Thank you, thank you! Chris
Lynne H.
on 12/2/04 11:52 am - Seattle, WA
Christina, I am 10 weeks out and have lost 50lbs. I too worried about going through all this trauma and failing. But if I do the math it comes out to .80 lbs per day. When else could I do even .80 lbs in a month, much less in a day! Now going the other direction..... easy peasy! Have you thought about not weighing yourself? I made the decision prior to surgery to throw my scale away. I don't weigh myself, I wait until I see my doctor. I admit that I do go through some agonies prior to the appointment wondering if I have lost. On the other hand I don't go through the agony of watching the scale. I can concentrate on what my body is doing - I find I can tell more from how my clothes fit, how my body moves and how my face looks than what the scale tells me. Not weighing myself is letting me get in touch with my body - something us MO people avoid like a trip to the dentist! I do know how you feel. 4 weeks after my surgery I developed 3 blood clots in my lungs. Am recovering nicely, but it really slowed me up (not to mention scaring the living daylights out of me - didn't think it was possible to have that complication so far out - particularly as I was active). Couldn't exercise as any activity would leave me breathless. Today I walked around the block without huffing and puffing and I am nine weeks out! Yes, I do know your fear about not losing during the "golden period." Though the literature I have read puts it at 6-8 months, not 3. The thing to remember is that we are going in the right direction and that each person is unique. Which means that how we get there is unique to us and our bodies. Are you going to a support group?
Chrissy P.
on 12/3/04 1:40 am - Federal Way, WA
Hi Everyone! Thank you to everyone who posted a reply to earlier post in my time of intense distress. Everyone's words of wisdom truly comforted me in a time that was very hard for me. As my mom says, I kinda lost touch with reality there for a few hours. I was so panicked about the frequency of plateaus that I could not view the true, whole picture of how well I am actually doing. I am so grateful for everyone on this board, because we care what is happening to everyone else, and we help when others need it, and we seek help when we need it! It is as though God put lots of angels on this board who step in exactly when someone needs one. In a much better position this morning, Chris
Most Active