Salad and veggies,How much can you eat??

Amanda P.
on 11/27/04 10:44 am - Wa
I posted this question on the main board to get alot of input, so I thought I would post it here. I am a salad and raw veggie freak. On most solid foods I get full on very little. But when it comes to salad and veggies, I can eat alot before I get full. Is there a reason behind this, or am I ruining my weightloss? Thank you in advance, take care all ............Amanda
pat9047
on 11/30/04 12:02 am - CO
I would measure the portions rather just sitting down to a salad. In addition make sure you aren't eating to fast.
(deactivated member)
on 11/30/04 3:42 am - Yakima, WA
Most vegetables are very heavy on water and chew down to next to nothing. 2 cups of measured salad easily munches down to just a few ounces. Try this - put 1 cup of salad greens into a blender or food processor with a couple of tablespoons of water and see what happens. Same thing happens with popcorn. Tons of air in that case. Anyway, denser vegetables tend to be more filling - broccoli and cauliflower aren't as filling as brussel sprouts or asparagus or avocados. Hope that helps!
Amanda P.
on 11/30/04 7:20 am - Wa
Hi Tooter, thats what I was thinking, but wasnt sure. THank you very much for the info. and your responce. Take care .......Amanda
Chrissy P.
on 11/30/04 7:48 am - Federal Way, WA
A few tips I've received from others: 1. Don't introduce raw veggies to your diet until after 8 weeks after surgery. 2. Whatever you eat, measure it! I am restricted to 1/2 cup servings, 6 times per day, with a lean protein source at each meal. But I know what you mean about the water content. We chould consult our nutritionists on that one. 3. Broccoli and cauliflour, and other root veggies, can really cause painful gas. You know, the kind of pain that attacks you right below your shoulder blades. I learned that lesson after a serving of broccoli soup about a week ago. Not a good idea for me! So, how should I measure popcorn? If I am limited to 1/2 cup of food at one sitting, how much is that in popcorn-speak? Thanks, Chris
Most Active