6 More Days!!!!

Mrs1stSgt
on 11/25/04 9:57 am - Lacey, WA
Well, it's Thanksgiving night. Thought I would eat my last huge meal since surgery is Wed, Dec 1. My mom died yesterday, so really have had no appetite. Just hubby and I at home this weekend. Gonna get myself ready - both packing suitcase and emotional packing. I getting very scared. I know this is the best thing for me, but the closer I get, the more nervous I get. My mom threw a blood clot two days after surgery. She seemed fine when I spoke to her. I'm afraid that will happen to me. Husband says I'm borrowing trouble. My mom was 84 years old,,,,,massive stroke 8 years ago,,,,paralyzed, etc. I'm healthy (except for being 298 lbs). Went for pre-op stuff on Tuesday. Have no new issues, nothing on meds for. Just fat. Husband has taken off work for three weeks (what a wonderful man!). He thinks his squadron will fall apart without him (yeah, right). They'll be glad not to have the 1st Sgt around for awhile. Well, gotta go for now. Will check often. Very nervous here!!
JustHat
on 11/25/04 1:47 pm - NM
I am so sorry to hear about your mother. I can't even imagine how difficult this time is for you. My prayers are going to be with you this weekend and next week when you have your surgery. I am glad your DH is taking 3 weeks off. Your going to need him more than ever now. Hat
Amanda P.
on 11/26/04 1:27 am - Wa
I am so sorry to hear about your mother. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family. Im glad to hear that your husband will be with you for the next 3 weeks and you'll have that support. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers for a smooth surgery and quick recovery. Keep us all posted when you feel up to it, and let us know how your doing. Take care.......Amanda
Sweet Georgia Brown
on 11/26/04 1:37 am - Mililani, HI
Sorry to hear about your mother's passing. I'm sure that you must be going through a wide range of emotions at this moment. I'm praying that your find peace before your surgery and have a successful surgery and recovery. Take care.
imagrama
on 11/26/04 2:35 am - Gig Harbor, WA
So sorry to hear about your Mom. You are right in also needing to get your emotional packing done. Re-think all the positives in all of this..........even the fact that your Mom is no longer suffering. Be happy for her and be happy for yourself that you have the opportunity to be healthy from this surgery. Your mom was 84 with medical problems. You have no medical problems and just need to get this weight off now to stay healthy. Go into this surgery with a positive attitude. You are going to do sooooooooooooo well. Make your Mom proud. Take this opportunity and RUN with it. This is the beginning of a whole new life for you AND your dear husband. You wouldn't be normal if you weren't nervous but you are going to be fine. Keep yourself positive about EVERYTHING. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Sue
karenyt
on 11/26/04 10:57 am - Renton, WA
Sounds like you have a lot on your "plate" right now and the surgery will really top it off. You will feel so much better after the fears of surgery are over, you are nicely recovering at home with a wonderful husband. Just think, very soon after you get home again you and dear husband can take nice slow walks together, read together, spend relaxing naps and time together, right up to close to the Christmas holidays. You will want and certainly deserve this!!! My thoughts, prayers and hopes are with you through your nervous time and surgery. Let us help you through this process and remember, we all did it before you and we were all nervous too. My doctor said being nervous is perfectly normal and acceptable. Take care and let us hear from you again soon. Karen Thompson 09-15-2004 50+ pounds down
Chanise D.
on 11/26/04 2:20 pm - Lakewood, WA
So sorry to hear about your mother....I will keep you in my prayers...
Iridescense
on 11/27/04 12:12 pm - university place, WA
I want to share my condolences with you also. I'm so sorry to hear about your mothers passing. Especially so soon before you go into surgery yourself. Remember that each person and experience are unique unto themselves. Your mother obviously had lived a long and (hopefully) a wonderful life and it was her time. This bears no relation to your surgery. Keep your chin up and look forward to your new beginning. I clipped a copy of a comment from a dear Abby clip about a year ago because the quote touched me so. I'm trying to move and don't know where I packed it but it went something like this, "Death is the blowing out of a candle at the dawn of a new day". Good luck with your surgery and happy losing....
Most Active