Happy Thanksgiving!

catly
on 11/24/04 11:46 am - Everett, WA
Hi, Sorry for not posting in a while. I do want to wish all of you a happy Thanksgiving! I'm a little anxious about the one big meal thingy the family does, but I am also taking my "stash" with me so I can eat when I need to. I'm five months out already; just can't believe it! Wow! Congratulations to all of you who have made it to the losing side and good luck to those who are still waiting. I was playing the waiting game last year at this time. Thanks. LM
Chrissy P.
on 11/24/04 12:33 pm - Federal Way, WA
I also wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to everyone on the Board. I am so thankful that I have had this surgery and that I am shrinking, slowly but surely. I am thankful for this wonderful group of people on this website -- what a positive support this has been!! Thank you! I, too am worried about Turkey Day, but I am going to take my 1/2 cup measuring cup with me. I'll fill it with turkey, some veggies, some mashed potatoes. I should bring some dry non-fat milk powder, too. I will only eat 1/2 cup at one sitting, drink lots of water in between "meals," and eat more than one meal, while everyone else wallows in stuffed misery after eating one huge meal. I don't want to be the one passed out on the couch in front of the football game. (Well, that's never me, I'm always too busy). So, actually, aren't we the lucky ones? We already know that we won't overeat. I want to try a couple of bites of pumpkin pie. Anyone else going to do that, or am I the only one? Enjoy the day tomorrow. Why does it have to be all about eating? Let's make it not so! It is a very special day without food factored in. Your friend, Chris
JustHat
on 11/24/04 4:46 pm - NM
Good to hear from you. I was just wondering how your doing. Have a happy turkey day. Hat
karenyt
on 11/26/04 10:49 am - Renton, WA
Hi everyone. I had a great Thanksgiving Day and for once I was not in pain after dinner, stuffed more than the turkey, and still looking for more food to eat soon!! I relaxed (some), enjoyed our company, ate my 1/2 turkey - vegs - mashed potatoes and really enjoyed it all. Later I tried some pumpkin pie (I didn't eat the crust) made with splenda and that was a little too much at one sitting, but I lived and learned. Hope everyone had an OK day with their food and their family, etc. A year ago I had no intention of having this surgery (weigh****chers, again .......) and now I am 10 weeks post-op and feeling much much better. I know I have a lot more to go but I'm definitely on my way to better health and satisfaction. How was everyone else's Thanksgiving??? Karen Thompson 09-15-2004 50+ pounds down
dscote4
on 11/26/04 3:22 pm - Yorktown, VA
Me too! Me too!! I had a very nice THanksgiving this year......considering hubby is over in IRaq.......BUT ... I ate food!! REAL food and it didn't come back up!! Took me an entire hour to finish a whole slice of turkey breast....with gravy!! BUt I ate it and it tasted soooooooooooooo good! LOL Hope everyone else's was a good one too! Smiles from Stacie
Most Active