Okay...that was ICKY!

lilchickad
on 11/24/04 2:36 am - Bonney Lake, WA
I think somebody needs to SMACK me upside the head. I got up this morning starving, so I decided to eat some of my son's left over pork fried rice for breakfast. I had about 1/3 of a cup....OMG I felt TERRIBLE. I frothed at the mouth for 45 minutes and prayed I would throw up, but I couldn't. Why is is that some people that have had this surgery seem to throw up all the time, and I cannot throw up???? Oh well, I guess I learned a lesson with that one. Ixnay on the Iceray!!!!!!! Laura
Julia B.
on 11/24/04 6:29 am - Puyallup, WA
Hi Laura! Sounds like fried rice is not your friend. I'm 9 weeks out, but am too afraid to try fried rice. The 2 times that we've had Chinese food, I ate egg flower soup, the insides of half a spring roll, and a bit of the beef from the beef broccoli. Even then I was a bit concerned because of MSG and oil/fat. I've heard that some people can't get up enough force to make themselves throw up, while others have said that they can easily make themselves do it. I've only thown up once after eating too fast and I didn't have to help anything along that time. Hope your feeling better! Julia
lilchickad
on 11/24/04 6:49 am - Bonney Lake, WA
Hi Julia, Well its 3 o'clock, and I do believe I am giong to live. I think that Chinese is most definitely off limits for me. When I was first postop I ate a lot of hot and sour soup (just the broth), and I did fine with it, except I noticed that I would not lose weight whenever I ate it, and figured it was because of too much sodium. Craziest thing not being able to vomit. All my life I have been able to make myself vomit just by thinking about it!! LOL....now I Just stand over the toilet and gag gag gag!! UGGG!! Oh well! Take Care! Laura
Most Active