Bruising

JustHat
on 11/22/04 3:36 pm - NM
Ok, so I am chatty and just thought of something else to say. Look ma, I got bones. What kind of buising are the other post ops experiencing? Crossing legs has been mentioned a couple of times recently. This was a big deal for me too. No one IRL really knows how proud I am that I can do it. I made sure I crossed them for our family Chirstmas pictures. The down side of crossing them is that I have developed a bruise on the outside of my knee from crossing them. It hurts to feel cool. Works for me. I have also noticed bruises on the inside of my knees from sleeping on my side. Then there is my rear. We haven't talked about my rear lately, have we? My hip has been hurting because of the weather change. Happens every year. It's just one of those things. But, I bruised the darn thing (my rear) on the toilet seat from sitting down too quickly because of my hip. Hey, did I mention that I have collar bones? My poor son can't get comfortable putting his head on my sholder because he keep****ting them with his face. So, we can conclude that a smaller body has me hurting myself. I bet if the psychologist could have predicted this in my eval, he would have had a field day with my report. Hat
sassy
on 11/22/04 5:26 pm - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
yeah... i have found the smaller i get the more clumsy i get. lets see... i ran into a weight bench... (that bruise was huge) few days later, i ran into a tow hitch on the back of some car in the parking lot... (that bruise wasnt as big, but i guess i felt i had to have matching ones...) then i was at the gym and on the bikes, and was taking off and i hit my knee cap on the corner of the monitor of the bike... (that one sure is a pretty shade of purple...) then i was dancing... and i stepped on my own toe! how does one manage to do that??? yeah that felt greeeeeat! i am slowing getting collar bones, i can feel them a lot better. and if i sleep on my sides, i have to cram a pillow between my knees coz i hate when the bones touch. (lil trick i learned during pregnancy) my butt hurts when i sit too long. oh but a good note.. i took my bp at walmart tonight... it was the lowest i have ever seen it in my whole entire life. (that i can remember) wow... what a feeling!!
JustHat
on 11/22/04 9:18 pm - NM
Hey, what were you doing up so late? We are now into the fourth sick child. He has blown twice in the past 30 minutes. I knew it was coming. I just finished all of the laundry from the last puke-a-thon. The third one to get it blew the the last time almost 24 hours ago. Let's hope this isn't a circle illness that stays in the house like it did 3 years ago. If so, we are going to have a water shortage from all of the laundry I have to do. Hat
Rachael E.
on 11/23/04 11:24 pm
I have so many bruises, you'd think my husband beat me up. They don't really hurt, but they are sure ugly. I look like my kids did when they were learning how to walk.... I am not worried about it though, I am sure it's just lack of iron or something. I ordered some chewable iron from bariatric advantage and it should be here any day. Maybe that will do the trick? I seem to have a problem with UTI's (urinary track infection) since my suregery....anyone else having this problem? I try so hard to get all my water in, but it's rare that I do. How can they expect us to get in all tha****er all that protien and eat our veggies on top of all? I can't get in maybe hyalf of what I should. I figure my tummy is about 1- 1 and a half ounces now. Is this normal? There was about two weeks where I was hungry all the time....physically hungry....and now I am not hungry anymore. How much should my holding tank be by now? I am 12 weeks post op tomorrow. Oh and one more thing...I have a really bad cold and I have been coughing for about two days....now my incision hurts like the dickens....it's not going to come apart on the inside is it? The outside looks good and it's all healed and sealed. Rachael open RNY 9/2/04 -71#'s and ready for tt and new boobies.
JustHat
on 11/24/04 5:43 am - NM
I thought mine was about 2 ounces because I could eat that much cream of wheat. Then I realized that it wasn't all going into my pouch. I was eating it reallly thin, so some was slipping through and some was getting backed up before entering the pouch. My best guess is that my pouch is about the size of 1/2 of an egg. Would that be an ounce? I got in a bit of trouble when I mentioned it to Dr. Weber. He asked why I would want it to be bigger than an ounce. I don't really care how big it is. But, it would be nice to be able to eat enough food to substain life. We are saving a lot of money though since I never have to order food. Water is just about the only thing I haven't had any trouble getting down. The nutritionist even told me to back off the water. She thought it might be messing with my hunger level. Hat
Most Active