Bras and TT

JustHat
on 11/22/04 3:15 pm - NM
I should have included this in the long post I just wrote. But, I just remembered. I finally broke down and went bra shopping. I started off squeezing into an H cup. I lost back fat early on. But, I only went down to a comfortable fit in the cup. The other day I chased one of the boys. I realized that I don't have the support I need. I feel so small now. So, I took DH to the store the other day. There was a bit of excitement because I haven't shopped in a normal store for a bra in a long time. Lane Bryant carries the cup size I was, but not in the number I needed. (36H) I was having to special order them. Anyway, DH swore that I am so small now that I was a D cup. I didn't think I could have lost that much, but agreed to try a D cup. I ended up shoving myself into a DD cup. I figure they will really fit well in about 10 pounds. Since losing our medical insurance means that a TT is going to be out of the question, I have been looking at my tummy closely since I had surgery. I have noticed recently that my skin is starting to do its part to avoid a TT. I suspect that when I am at goal, I could still use a TT. It would be nice to have the extra skin with the pregnancy stretchmarks on it removed. But, I think that I will be able to get by without one. I knew when I got my WLS scar that my bikini days were over. OK, so there never were any bikini days for me. But, now I know there never will be. I can live with that. I just wanted to let the newbies know that there is hope that you will get to keep your chest and not have to have a TT. Post ops, how do you feel about your chest and/or you tummies? Hat
sassy
on 11/22/04 5:18 pm - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
my cup size (what little there is...) hasnt changed. my band has, however. i was in a 52 and now i am in a 40. gotta love losing back fat! lol i went to have my wedding bands fixed and resized. i went from a size 11 to an 8 1/2 which holy moly that is cool! bad part is i didnt go through with it because i figured since i am not even three months out, i would have to keep going back. i guess if all else fails, i could get a sizer. plus i felt nekkid without my rings. i started feeling guilty for even having them off of my hand, so i went back and got them back and told them i was going to wait until later to have them fixed. as for my tummy, i think my scar length ruined any possibilities for ever being in a bikini... yeah right like i would ever put one on... but the place i have noticed is between my legs. looks like raisins.... white raisins at that lol anywho, gotta figure out how to get rid of that. and i have already been bufferizin my arms, i really dont wanna have to pay for extra stuff, so i figured maybe if i worked early on, i would have a chance i wouldnt need the surgery.
Tanja Y
on 11/23/04 3:21 am - Wahiawa, HI
Well my surgeon told me at my second post-op checkup that I was gonna need a tummy tuck or a LBL and to get on the list right away.....which I kinda knew I would but was surprised he'd say something so early on. Between my tummy hanging, my boobies hanging and the mass hanging off my arms....I know I'm gonna need alot of work! I can handle the droopy boobs, had them for a while now; comes from breastfeeding 3 babies. Push up bras do wonders for when I'm dressed and nighties hide them pretty well too. Hubby hasn't complained yet, but I have and he tells me it doesn't really matter Guess we'll find out if that's the truth a little later down the road. I havn't worn a bikini since I was maybe 14.......I know it would be super cool if one day I could wear one again, but I'm not counting on it. I actually bought 2 bras at Target! Been a LONG time since I've been able to buy a bra from anywhere but Lane Bryant. Was so nice and WAY cheaper too!!! Has anybody else noticed their bum drooping? I've lost alot of that fatpack on my lower back/upper bum but I swear my bum is slowly sliding downward and I don't like it one little bit! ~Tanja -109
sspev
on 11/23/04 1:37 pm - Seattle area (Everett), WA
That's a question, isn't it! I recently read a post where someone described their breasts as socks -- and I'm getting there (prolly sooner, rather than later). No big scar, since I had lap, but my problem is with the hanging apron. Of course, since I'm only 3 weeks post-op, the apron is still big and full. But I hate the itching underneath. Recently, I started strategizing that if I were to wear underwear that had a layer of panty between the two layers of skin, that might help. I tried bikini style, but the ones I tried come up too high to stay tucked under. I've also tried my JMS hi-cuts -- wear them as low-rider underwear in the front, so they'res a layer of fabric between -- they don't stay put, either. Surprisingly to me, too, is that when I do get panties to stay under the front overhang, they end up sweat-wet fairly soon. I was unaware how much moisture must be generated in that area, but the underwear tells the tale. That would be why itching starts, too. So what strategies have you'all used to solve the tummy overhang itch issue? I agree, Hat, -- how nice we can ask these things, and others relate, and may have solutions. Susan
JustHat
on 11/23/04 6:01 pm - NM
"So what strategies have you'all used to solve the tummy overhang itch issue?" Antiperspirant seems to work best. And, don't forget to complain to your doctor about this issue including the smell, itching and rash every time you see them and make sure they document it. You can get a yeast infection in the area. This is true for under the breasts also. That way if there is any chance that your insurance will pay for plastics, you start setting up your medical reason now. Hat
catly
on 11/24/04 12:12 pm - Everett, WA
Hi, I use deodorant under the bra and could not reach the apron well enough to do this, but now I think I can. I also use an antifungal foot spray; it helps dry it out. But if I get sores, then I resort to diaper rash ointment ew. One time I tried putting tissues under there but they just fell apart and it was a mess. Thanks. Lauren
Debadoh
on 11/24/04 11:14 pm - Sumner, WA
After my C/S a few years ago a corner of my incision opened up. It took weeks to close and I had to keep it meticulously dry. (not easy to do with a toddler hanging over it!!) I used to put soft washclothes or small diaper fabric things over it. Not a huge hunk of cloth but just a barrier. That way you can tuck it under, and put your regular underwear on over it. Change them out once or twice a day, seemed to work. Kept the moisture and the fungal infections at bay while I was healing.
Most Active