What's the buzz?

karen C.
on 11/24/04 10:49 am - Kennewick, WA
Hello to all, I want to talk too! I'm still a "wannabe". I've been denied two formal times. I'm now getting my "independent medical review" stuff ready to send it. I will be adding a diagnosis of moderate sleep apnea to the file. My insurance, Uniform Medical Plan, has an exclusion policy, but also has a "medical necessity" clause. I'm trying to prove that to them. I don't know how much more they want. High bp, high cholesterol, bilateral knee replacements, sleep apnea, breathing difficulties, joint pain, stress incontinence, acid reflux, anxiety, depression., BMI of about 64 . . much more and I WOULDN'T be a good candidate for surgery! I am determined to have surgery one way or another by the end of February. If insurance doesn't come through I don't know what I'll do, but I'm dying this way and I want to live. I really need to get around and post a picture, but I just hate all of the ones that I have! I love reading about everyone's progress and looking at pictures. My 56th birthday is March 7 and I feel that WLS is the best gift possible. I live in Kennewick but will have surgery done in Kirkland. Keep your fingers crossed for my approval. Happy turkey day to all. Karen
JustHat
on 11/24/04 4:31 pm - NM
"I really need to get around and post a picture, but I just hate all of the ones that I have!" But, these are the pictures that are going to make you feel so good in 6 months or so. Good to hear from you. Hat
ncarter11
on 11/29/04 1:40 am - Edmonds, WA
I will pray that the review goes in your favor! How hard it is to wait, never mind deal with denials! Keep looking up and trust that the right thing will happen. How long does the review process take, do you know? Keep in touch! Nan
TrpleTrble
on 11/29/04 8:27 am - spokane, WA
Hi Everyone! I just discovered this Washington board and I am so happy! My surgery was the end of May and I've lost 95# so far. I'm really hoping ot make the century mark by Christmas, which I'm sure I will but if I don't, I'll be happy with that too. I am so excited about my weight loss and how much better I look and feel. I love to go shopping now-but only on the cheap! Buying expensive clothes that aren't going to fit in 2 weeks isn't my thing. But, I did find a store, called the Bon Clearance Center that sells all kinds of brand name clothes like Liz Claiborne, Tommy H, Ralph Lauren, etc and really good prices. That's become my store of choice for all of my clothes. My hubby loves the new me and he actually told me I was tiny last week. LOL I am by no means tiny anywhere yet, but I guess in comparison to where I came from, I must feel that way to him. Anyway, it made me feel great! I eat just about anything I want with no problems, except for grapes. They make me feel awful and I will never eat them again. I have had bites of cake but I do not want to make that a habit, so I stop after 2-3 bites and then either throw it away or walk away. Sweets were my downfall before surgery and I don't want to get back to that bad habit. I'm exercising 3 times a week at the Y doing water aerobics. Its fun and doesn't feel like its killing you while still getting a good workout. I also take the stairs at work every day instead of riding the elevator. I figure any bit of exercise I can get is helpful. I do need to be better about taking my vitamins...I forget alot. I go for my 6 month post-op on Wednesday and I'm sure I'm going to get lectured for not taking them like I should. I get in a good amount of fluids each day, so doing OK there. I look forward to chatting with all of you. Keep up the great work everyone!! Deana 314/219/160
Most Active