What's the buzz?

JustHat
on 11/22/04 2:59 pm - NM
My four month anniversary is 5 days. This morning I weighed in at 174.5. That means I am down 81.5 pounds. I want to make my goal by the end of the year. My guess is that I will miss it by a couple of weeks. But, that will be ok. I don't know if I posted, but I do have another stricture. Last Monday I had an Upper GI. It isn't as bad as my first one. But, it is still taking two stretchings to get it back up to size. I still love Dr. Dines even though he keeps shoving things down my throat. A couple of things have really struck me as strange lately. First, I until this last two weeks, I haven't felt like I have flown through sizes. I know most people say they do. I have a pair of pants on now that I will only wear one time. My oldest son and husband have been walking around behind me marking pants for disposal. Makes my neighbor happy though. Clothing sizes have really changed since I was this size the last time. There is no way I could have worn size 14 when I was in the 170s the last time. I had heard that it had happened. But, this is the first time I have seen it on myself. I had even purchased a size 13 low rise when I was 180 something. They cut in on my hip bones but fit nicely when I dropped 3 more pounds. Since my last stretching, I am able to eat a lot more. I even had hamburger mixed with refried beans the other night. That is the first beef that has stayed down since my surgery. I have also found that bad foods seems to go down. Chips and salsa. Crackers. Chex. Carbs. I still haven't had any sugars like candy, cakes and such. I haven't had any trouble with juices. So, with all of my complaining, I at least I haven't dumped. Sugar Free candy is a nice treat. It helped me get through Halloween. There are still a ton of calories in it. So, I really limit it. Jerky is a great invention. I found that I can eat it with no problem and it satifies the chewing craving. Next payday, I am going to make some of my own. I haven't exercised since Heidi told me to cut it out until we got my eating under control. I am feeling better, so I guess I will have to stop using that as an excuse. Our dog finally had puppies last week. The first one was born within an hour of my appointment with Dr. W in the back of our new Suburban. By the time the day (and night) was over, she had given birth to 10 pups. 3 have been adopted already. We have named most of them just so we can keep them straight. We are preparing for the move. Things are going slowly, but I know they will pick up when we know what date we have to be out of here. Just thinking about it makes me tired. The kids are taking turns being sick. One would think that after months of watching me barf, they would know where to do it. Not. Nothing says good morning like the sound of your kid barfing at the foot of your bed. 9.5 weeks and 70 pounds. Your putting me to shame. Keep it up and your going to make goal in record time. Hat
auntlorlee
on 11/23/04 1:06 am - Bellingham, WA
Hiya Hat, So glad you are feeling better. I hope this is your last stricture and you can finally move on with your new life! Sounds like our lil' group here in WA is doing awesome. Still have yet to hear from a few of you out there. Let's keep this going. We are off to a reallllly good start!!! Lori
ncarter11
on 11/23/04 2:54 am - Edmonds, WA
OMG! You must look and feel fantastic - well, except for the barfing and bruising! It seems to me like you just has surgery and you are already talking about goal!?!? WOW!! I am soooo sorry to hear about your stricture? I don't really know much about them except with I have read from you. Tell me, is this something that will eventually work itself out - will it eventually stay the right size? I pray so! I LOLed loud when I read about your kids not knowing where to barf! It's soooooo true isn't it? Why is that? ok, 21# were lost preop - I've only lost 48# since surgery. Still I'm not complaining about 70# since summer. Remind me - what happened with your hubby and the military - what did they decide. And where are you moving to? I wish I could keep more information in my head - it's a leaky thing, my brain! Sooo good to hear from you, Hat!! Hugs, Nan
JustHat
on 11/23/04 6:45 pm - NM
"ok, 21# were lost preop - I've only lost 48# since surgery." I always laugh at the way our thinking changes post surgery. Can you think of any other time in your life when you would say you ONLY lost 48 pounds? The 21 preop impresses me even more than the 48 postop. I think that it is even harder to lose weight when you know your going to have surgery. And, yet, you managed to do 21 pounds. Hat
ncarter11
on 11/24/04 2:55 am - Edmonds, WA
You are so right. I feel great having lost almost 70 lbs! You're a doll! nan
tinktee
on 11/22/04 3:10 pm - Spanaway, WA
YIPPEEEEE! YAHOOOOO! CONGRATS to you Nancy. I don't know how much more weight I've lost because I need to buy a scale. I know I have lost some inches because my coats and shirts are fitting. :smile: I'm not worried about turkey day, I figure I will get a 1/2 teaspoon and use that to get a bit of every thing. Well maybe not every thing. I'm 4 weeks and 3 days out and I've been eating chilli, salad, spaghetti, lunch meat, crackers, little popcorn, bake potatoe, tuna fish, and so on. I'm pretty active but for walking I walk around the aptartment complex where I live, I try to do this once a day. Nan isn't cool to tie your shoes and cross your legs? The other day I crossed my legs and was surprised I said to my friend, Look I just crossed my legs! Thanks for asking others to post. Tee
ncarter11
on 11/23/04 3:12 am - Edmonds, WA
Congrats on your move! Do you have help? Shoot all that work should count as exercise, don't you think?? I am so glad to know that you are recouperating well. You sound great! Reading everyone's food choices does make me a teensy bit wishful - my food choices are fairly boring by comparison, but I think the primary reason is that I really don't eat that many starchy things - no pasta, breads, crackers. Maybe potato about once a week. And meats for the most part do not stay down. That doesn't leave me with that many options. You inspired me to try tuna again. I managed to keep down a whole ounce of smoked salmon yesterday! Perhaps meats will be an option for me soon. I felt the same way the first time I crossed my legs - I was like "WHOA! did I just do that?" It felt so natural, I had to think if I hadn't been doing it all along! I can put a knee to chest too! It so much easier when there isn't a huge gut in the way!! Hugs! Nan
Penny K.
on 11/22/04 9:46 pm - Davenport, WA
Hi Nancy, Congrats on the weight loss Can hardly wait until I can tie my own shoes again. What's new with me, well I turned another year older yesterday and am hoping that by this same time next year I will be at least a hundred pounds lighter. Have my first appointment with Dr. Rawliins tomorrow and am so nervous that I have been doing nothing but the last couple of days. Know this is what I want but am still scared. Will post how it goes tomorrow when I get home from town. Again congrats. on the loss. Hugs ~ Penny
JustHat
on 11/22/04 11:47 pm - NM
I hope you had a very happy birthday. Hat
JustHat
on 11/22/04 11:47 pm - NM
I hope you had a very happy birthday. Hat
Most Active