Dr. Lauter

Luna_Rose
on 11/15/04 5:44 pm - Wenatchee, WA
Hi y'all!! I don't post much as I just got the go-ahead from a new and wonderful pcp. I have a few questions about how to proceed. I have been looking into Dr. Lauter, and am almost convinced he is the one I want to go with, but am at a loss as to how to contact him or his staff, or what to even say. I'm having a difficult time with the husband, and have no friends or anyone to turn to for advice, and was hoping someone would be willing to help me out. Feel free to visit my profile and e-mail me personally...I am keeping my fingers crossed y'all will be able to help me out. Thanks!!! Cindy in Wenatchee
auntlorlee
on 11/16/04 1:42 am - Bellingham, WA
Hi Cindy, I don't have any advice on Dr. Lauter but just wanted to wish you luck. I read your profile and it made me sad for you. I think you look like a very pretty lady in your pic. I would find out if there is a WLS support group in your area that you could attend. What insurance do you have? They might be able to steer you in the right direction as far as which surgeons, etc. I am in the beginning stages of my journey also. I am waiting for my approval after being denied once. Good luck to you! Lori
findinglisa
on 11/16/04 3:49 am - Bothell, WA
Dr. Lauter is my surgeon, and I think he is great. I researched almost every surgeon in the Puget Sound area, and I chose him. I feel very confident in his abilities. I don't know anything about what Tonia is saying. It's definitely not reflective of my experience with him. He is part of the Evergreen Bariatric Center, and I understand that he operates at Swedish as well. He only has a small office staff, so you might have to leave a message when calling the office, but they will call you back quickly. He takes many, many types of insurance. In fact, he's one of the few doctors around that accept Medicaid from what I've heard. Also, once your insurance is approved, the wait is only a few weeks, definitely not a year. I've heard of people getting a surgery date in as little as a few days even. Please contact his office. It will be a life-changing experience for you. Lisa
Gerriann A.
on 11/16/04 10:31 am - Spokane, WA
I have a friend who came here to Spokane to get the surgery as it was quicker. Dr. Rawlins and Dr. Bright are wonderful. There is also a new clinic in the Courd'alene area which is doing WLS. Hope that helps you out. -Gerriann LAP RNY 5/14/04 125+ pounds gone forever!
Luna_Rose
on 11/18/04 10:33 pm - Wenatchee, WA
I just wanted to take a minute and thank ALL of you for sharing your experiences. Now all I have to do is figure out the best way for me to contact his office. I was thinking of writing an introductory letter, any advice?? Thanks, Cindy in Wenatchee
Most Active