Has anyone had revision surgery?

eliz
on 11/14/04 12:24 pm - Lacey, WA
I had an LBG by Dr. Weber at Swedish about six years ago. Either my pouch stretched to the size of a grapefruit, or the first staple failed. As I have no insurance for WLS, I'm wondering if anyone knows how much WLS costs. Does anyone have experience with the WISH Center? Thanks for any information. ELiz
JustHat
on 11/14/04 1:31 pm - NM
I'm sorry but I don't have any help. I do have questions though. When was the last time you saw Dr. Weber? If it was after you knew something was wrong, what did he have to say? Why are you looking at the WISH center instead of returning to him? What has life been like for you since the problem showed up? For instance, is it impossible to keep weight off? Or have bad eatting habits returned? Was there anything besides weight gain to indicate the problem? How much of your weight have you gained back? These may seem like stupid questions, but I worry that down the road, the same thing might happen to me. Hat
eliz
on 11/14/04 1:38 pm - Lacey, WA
I had insurance back then that would cover these things. Now, I'm trying to figure out how to pay for it--which I why I was interested in the WISH Center with financing. I didn't go back to Weber was because he's 100 miles away and I had missed a ton of work. I had the LBG, and sure wish I would have had the RNY. The banding is an easier surgery, but not as effective. Bad eating habits? Yes. That's how I got to be this big. Surgery doesn't change your eating habits unless it creates pain or makes you sick. Down the road, they'll figure all this out and everyone can be a size eight. I'm 55 and don't want to wait any longer.
Most Active