Very Upset!

JoanieC
on 11/10/04 1:05 pm - Athena, OR
Today I felt like a brick wall fell on me...I may have to cancel my surgery. We were doing a home equity loan to pay for my surgery and pay off debt...well this morning, our loan officer called us and told that they won't be able to the loan now cuz we have a manufactured home not a stick built. They never asked us if did or not thru tho whole process til it came down to the wire..They discovered this after the appraisor did a drive by. I am so upset...I don't know what to do now. I've been trying to figure out ways to do this all day. I'm in tears I know the Wish Center does financing...does anyone know the total costs of the surgery there? Has anyone done financing thru them? If you do do fiancing thru them, how long does it take to get a surgery date? Is there any other doctors in Washington or Oregon that does in house financing? Thanks so much! Joanie
marinerlover
on 11/10/04 1:13 pm - Post Falls, ID
I totally relate to you Joanie, I got turned down by my first attempt at financing today. I will keep you in my thoughts and I will be watching replies to your question in hopes of getting some of my questions answered. Good luck~ Janice
JoanieC
on 11/10/04 1:49 pm - Athena, OR
Thanks Janice It's just so heartbreaking cuz we were going along, making plans and then whamo! a WALL. I'm totally deflated, ya know? Joanie
sspev
on 11/10/04 2:11 pm - Seattle area (Everett), WA
I hear many radio commercials for Kiel Mortgage. They are a local company, but according to their commercials, they have ways to help people with "creative" financing. I don't know whether they operate in OR, or just WA, but it couldn't hurt to give them a call. Here's their website: http://www.kielmortgage.com/index.html. Just a thought, and I'll keep you in my prayers. Take care, Susan
Chrissy P.
on 11/11/04 1:15 am - Federal Way, WA
Hi Joanie, I am so sorry about this brick wall! I had my surgery with the WISH Center, and Sonya is right about the prices. If you finance through them, it should not delay your surgery at all. But first, you have to go through their 8-week pre-surgery program, which is fabulous and makes you ready for the surgery and, more importantly, the lifestyle changes after the surgery. I was going to go with the WISH financing, but I was fortunate enough to do a home equity loan. Honestly, the monthly payments through the WISH Center were too high for me, but that is an individual thing. It could be different for you. On the other hand, I would not stop shopping for a loan if I were you. There are many, many companies out there. Please don't give up!! I'll keep you in my prayers. Let me know if you have any more questions about the WISH Center. -Chris
Chrissy P.
on 11/11/04 1:16 am - Federal Way, WA
I forgot to tell you that my aunt in Washington owns a manufactured home, and she refinanced it, so I don't see why you can't find a company that will do a home equity loan with your property. Good luck!
karenyt
on 11/11/04 3:21 am - Renton, WA
How Horrible!! I wish this set back had not happened to you but you will find a way to overcome...you just have to keep working at it!! I too used the WISH Center, Renton and I would highly recommend their services, doctors, etc. I didn't finance through them because my insurance supposedly will pay, but if it doesn't I will be financing!! You are in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck and don't give up. Karen Thompson 09-15-2004 45 pounds down
JoanieC
on 11/11/04 9:16 am - Athena, OR
Thank you all so much for your advice and kind thoughts and HUGS! I sure do need them right now...I'm at a lost. We are gonna try to shop around somemore for a loan but if you have too many looking at your credit report, the score goes down (so i hear). I'm just praying that another door will open...a better one! Again...thanks so much! Joanie
marinerlover
on 11/11/04 9:40 am - Post Falls, ID
From waht I've been reading on the wish center, they're prices are quite a bit more than my surgeon through Bariatrics Northwest in Coeur d'Alene Idaho. I had my initial consult today and got price quote of around $20,000 - $25,000 self pay (lap rny). Without unforseen complications of course. A co-worker of mine self paid about $21,000 out of pocket with a gall bladder removal. Just a thought, I would check around for price in addition to who will finance. I'm looking for financing myself so if you hit the jackpot, drop me a line...lol Good luck!
Most Active