I have this friend with a...

skudoozie
on 11/9/04 7:02 am - Elk, WA
I have this friend with a problem - she was approved for surgery by Cigna. The problem is that no doctor in Eastern Washington can schedule her surgery within the next six weeks and Cigna apparently is not allowing WLS after December 31st. Does anyone know of surgeons on the coast who are not booked up??? Suzie
auntlorlee
on 11/9/04 7:07 am - Bellingham, WA
Maybe she should call CIGNA and find out what other surgeon's in WA take their insurance. I don't really know what else to tell you since I have Group Health and every insurance is different. Good luck to her! Lori
ncarter11
on 11/10/04 12:55 am - Edmonds, WA
Has she thought about traveling for the surgery? Perhaps in idaho or western WA? I know there are many who do. Hope all goes well for your friend. nan
findinglisa
on 11/10/04 2:01 am - Bothell, WA
Does she already have all of her pre-op work done? Sleep study especially, as that can take awhile. If she does, she could try contacting Dr. Lauter or one of the other docs at Evergreen Hospital in Kirkland, WA. Once you have insurance approval (which you say she does) and all the other pre-op work done, they have a pretty short scheduling time.
Andrea W.
on 11/11/04 8:40 am - Kent, WA
Try Dr. Jeffrey Hunter at Virgina Mason..... I don't know if he takes Cigna or not, but I do know that I was approved last week and have surgery on monday!!!
Most Active