Is everyone shy around this place or what??

auntlorlee
on 11/9/04 3:52 am - Bellingham, WA
Just kidding. I guess I should find something better to do than be on here. I just wanted to try and revive the board but no one seems to want to. Eight people have viewed my earlier post and not one person responded. WHAT'S UP PEOPLE??? Come on! Maybe I should ask a question, let's see, um... ok, got one.... What is the one thing you miss the most that you can no longer eat? Have a great day! Lori
JustHat
on 11/9/04 6:27 am - NM
There are lots of foods that I miss. But, most of all I miss being normal. There are many times that I have to be somewhere. For instance, I take pictures for teams and people. I had a job about an hour after I was supposed to eat. There are no safe foods for me to eat. So, I had to eat and pray that I wouldn't need to spend the next few hours throwing up. I have had to leave places early because something I ate earlier suddenly wanted to revisit the outside world. I also miss sitting down to a meal with my family. OK, yes I still get to sit down. But, I don't get to eat. I sit and watch. We do have a new normal. My kids no longer think it is a big deal to see me throw up. In fact, they pretty much expect it. Another new normal is that I am not as good as I used to be. I could juggle working in the class with my kids, medical appointments, home care, being a team mom, making gifts and more. Now it is normal for me to be too tired to do even half of that. It is so normal now that I didn't even realize it had happened until I took a step back and looked at my new life. This too shall pass. This too shall pass. Say it with me...This too shall pass. Hat
Chrissy P.
on 11/9/04 6:28 am - Federal Way, WA
I'm never shy!!!! (that's why my parents had to put a leash on me when I was a toddler. I loved people too much.) I, too, want to revive this board and am doing my best. It is my first week back at work after my surgery, and it is wearing me out, especially with all the exercise I am also doing. I've been wanting a Krispy Kreme donut today. My tastes for the old life change every day. The only consistent things are: (1) I want to take a really big bite of a sandwich or hamburger and not suffer, and (2) I want to gulp water, instead of sip! Way to go, Lori, inject your energy here! -Chris
auntlorlee
on 11/9/04 6:32 am - Bellingham, WA
Thanks to both of you for replying. This is the kind of stuff us pre-ops need to hear. Both sides of the story. Not just all the good parts. I am bound and determined to have this surgery so you won't talk me out of it by telling me the gory details. I just wanted to get some kind of conversation going in here, something with meaning that is. This is a start! Lori
Shanna E.
on 11/9/04 8:22 am - Vancouver, WA
I'll pop in here too.... Oh Hat...sorry to hear you are having such trouble...have you talked to the doctor about throwing up all the time? I am definately a lucky one. Not many things make me sick...unless I eat too fast and dont chew well enough. I have to be careful with sugar and I cant eat really soft breads...so, I guess the thing that I miss...doughnuts...they would make me dump and get stuck in the pouch and then also like warm soft sourdough bread with butter...that definately used to be a favorite, now it sits like a rock if I try to eat it. But, you know what....NOTHING tastes as good as being 130lbs lighter feels!
sspev
on 11/9/04 3:34 pm - Seattle area (Everett), WA
Shanna, Thanks so much for saying that -- we all probably need to remind each other at least every other day -- NOTHING tastes as good as being lighter feels! Thanks for that statement of hope for all of us who are yet on our way to experiencing the feeling. Susan
auntlorlee
on 11/10/04 12:50 am - Bellingham, WA
Hi Susan, Thanks for putting in your two cents! How are you doing since surgery? I hope you are feeling awesome!! Lori
auntlorlee
on 11/10/04 12:49 am - Bellingham, WA
Thanks for replying! Ooh yeah. I will miss that stuff too. I can't wait to say that I have lost 100+ lbs. Good job!!! Lori
Most Active