Dr. Bock - Group Health

auntlorlee
on 11/8/04 2:45 am - Bellingham, WA
Hello WA msg board! I have a question for those of you who have Group Health and will be going to Dr. Bock. Has anyone recently been approved without the supervised diet? I know they are dropping the requirement in January. I was denied in October because of it and am going to appeal. Just curious if anyone "got through" without that requirement. I will probably wait until January to appeal just to be safe. But if anyone has been cleared without it recently, I will send in sooner. Thanks! Lori
marinerlover
on 11/8/04 11:53 am - Post Falls, ID
I wish I could help you, I have Group Health but my employer's contract with them states January 2005, they won't pay regardless of co-morbidities. If you can wait until January and get around the supervised diet flaw, more power to you. I have heard of a few people getting approved through them. Best of luck to you, I will be self paying, God willing I can get financed. Janice
auntlorlee
on 11/9/04 1:14 am - Bellingham, WA
That really sucks for those of you who have Group Health plans cancelling that part of the policy. Thank heavens that my policy will stay the same until October 2005. Now I just hope that I get approved before then! I wish you the best of luck in getting financed. I know the WISH center does financing if that interests you. The payments are outrageous but doable if you have the resources. I checked into it before I was able to switch insurance from Regence to Group Health. Good Luck Janice! Lori
Most Active