I'm home on the losing side!

sspev
on 11/4/04 2:35 pm - Seattle area (Everett), WA
Greetings, and thanks to all of you for your good wishes, thoughts and prayers! I've had next to no pain from my surgery; I stopped pumping the morphine the first night because I had no pain. I talked to Dr. Hunter before my anesthesia, and then yesterday evening he came up to see me all the way from his office in Federal Way! The worst thing painwise was the wrinkle in the elastic stocking under the compression leggings, which caused a ridge in my ankle. The nurse eventually removed the elastic, to allow the ridge to smoothe out. There were no problems with the hospital stay, all the nursing staff were great, although they are overworked! When I went for my leak test, the technician told me what a difference they notice between the lap rny patients, and those who have their rny done with open surgery. I'm so grateful that I was able to have lap! They gave me an anti-inflammatory in my IV, and I'm sure that helped. Without it here at home, I'm more sore than I was earlier when I was walking for exercise in the hospital halls, but it's certainly not severe! My first day here at home I'm doing the cream soup and pudding routine in 4-oz servings, alternated with trying to drink 48 oz of water. Thanks again for all your well-wishes and prayers -- you are all so great! Susan
Sweet Georgia Brown
on 11/5/04 12:16 am - Mililani, HI
Glad to see that your surgery went well, Susan. I hope that you continue to do well during recovery.
ncarter11
on 11/5/04 12:20 am - Edmonds, WA
I am soooooo glad that you are doing soooo well! Yeah!! God is so good! It was lovely to talk with you yesterday, Susan. You sound dynamite! I am soooo pleased for you! Last night, I went to the mall and walked 3 miles. I had hoped to do 4 but was pooped at 2. I have been walking the mall alot recently. For 2 weeks now I have been oogling this shirt on display at (drumroll) the Limited (yes, ladies and gentlemen, a normal person store!) Well, last night I finally bought it! I was nervous to try it on - it looked so small - I worried I would ruin it. It's an xLarge, of course, and I can't rightly wear it now (it's a little too tight), but another 10 lbs and it should look pretty good. Hoping to wear it for a holiday or two. It's hanging in my closet as a little brightspot on my of recent dreary outlook. Anyways.... Hugs, Nan
sspev
on 11/5/04 12:48 am - Seattle area (Everett), WA
Woohoo, Nancy, Good for you walking three miles at the mall! I just went out and walked 2 blocks (1 out and 1 back) and that was enough for me. But I'll be working on increasing that, and walking more than once per day. And congratulations on your new shirt! I'm thinking that if you bought an xlg, it's only going to work for this year, and next year would be way too big for you. Take care, Susan
ncarter11
on 11/5/04 1:28 am - Edmonds, WA
The Alderwood Mall has been a good place for me to get in my walking - one lap around the perimeter is a mile! Of course it's a much easier walk - no obstacles or incline, but there's also no bad weather or dogs! ;) I still only do my 3 laps 3 times a week. I'll get better! Good on you for your walking!! Sounds like you are doing good! How'd you sleep last night? Nice to be in your own bed and not interrupted for vitals every 15 mins ;) ??? Nan
tinktee
on 11/5/04 3:37 am - Spanaway, WA
AWWWW Susan I love The Limited!!!!!!! I can't wait!!!!!!AWWWWWW Tee
Chrissy P.
on 11/5/04 1:00 am - Federal Way, WA
Hi Susan! Congratulations on being home! That is fantastic! I am glad that you are experiencing so little pain and complications. That's what I always like to see! Take good care of yourself. -Chris
tinktee
on 11/5/04 3:41 am - Spanaway, WA
Hi Susan I'm so happy to see your post! You are doing great if you can already post, WOW! Keep up the Great job to recovery. Tee
JoanieC
on 11/6/04 6:33 am - Athena, OR
Hi Susan So glad everything went well and you are on the loosing side now! I'll be praying that you will continue recover with no problems! Congratulations! Joanie
sspev
on 11/6/04 6:52 am - Seattle area (Everett), WA
Thank you for your prayers! That means so much to me, and I'm convinced that everyone's prayers for me contributed to my mostly pain-free experience. I see that you're scheduled for surgery in a couple of weeks, and that you're self-pay. I will keep you in prayer between now and then, for your preparations at home, and in your life, that whatever you need to do between now and then gets accomplished without a hitch. Also, for your surgery, that it is easy, and that your surgeon's hands, and the nursing staff are blessed in caring for you. Hopefully, you have an arrangement with the medical facility, or some insurance clause, so that if you experience complications, the additional charges will be written off. Good luck to you, Susan
Most Active