New Here

Penny K.
on 11/4/04 4:11 am - Davenport, WA
Hi Everyone, I have been lurking around here now for about a week and thought it was time I come out of hiding and introduce myself to everyone. My name is Penny and I live in Davenport. I'm 42 years old and have been married to my wonderful hubby (who I only knew a week) for 19 years (20 on January 18th). I grew up in Yakima and Moxee, and moved to Spokane when I met my DH. I worked as a certified nurses aid up until the time I got married and became a Mom. DH and I have 2 boys, Kevin who is 19 and Christopher who will be 13 on the 17th of Feb. I have been overweight all my life and right now I weigh in at 467 lbs. and my legs and knees hurt me all the time, my hips hurt so bad most of the time that sometimes I wish that I could just cut me off at the wasit and start over again. I have no energy and I am tired all of the time. I am lucky if I can get 3 hours a night of sleep because of my legs and hips. I have high blood pressure that runs around 170\90 and I am diabetic. I dont take meds for the diabetes but I am on 2 blood pressure meds. Also I have to live on tylenol 3 for the pain in my hips and legs. My hobbies are Cross Stitch, watching movies, reading, writing letters (snail mail), and playing Zoo Tycoon on the computer. I am just starting on my journey into WLS and have my preapproval from my insurance company. In fact I got that before I even had an appointment with a surgeon. And all I had to do to get the appointment with the surgeon was call my PCP and she called and made the referral that same day. My first appointment with Dr. Rawlins is scheduled for Nov. 24th at 9:30. I know this is something I want and need to do for me but I am scared to death and have no one I can talk to. Hubby will support me in whatever choice I make of that I have no doubt but he just isn't much of a talking person and doesn't understand what I am going through. Well I guess that is about all there is to know about me for now. I will keep you updated as things go along.
Teri J.
on 11/4/04 11:02 am - WA
Hi Penny, Im new here too and am 10 weeks post-op. I was one of the unfortunate ones who had complications however I would still recommend this surgery for people who need help with their weight loss. I have lost almost 50 lbs now. I am also a diabetic and I see my sugar levels drop with the weight. I wish you the best!!
Lmcevil
on 11/4/04 11:09 am - Everett, WA
Hello Penny I am new here to kind of. I can only say Good luck and I am glad you are joining the ranks of people who are just sick and tired of being over weight, Like myself. I live in Everett and have been trying to get this surgery since sometime this summer. I jumped through all the hoops and now I am just waiting to see a cardiologist because I had a bad EKG. I don't know if anyone else has had this or if they will still give me the operation but I hope so. My weight is currenty 246. I have lost 10 lbs from this walking program my Doctor requires me to do. I often think if this keeps up I wont need the operation. Anyway don't be afaid Please. I think about what it will be like if I don't have the surgery and that frightens me more. There are lots of wonderful women here who can certainly tell you way more than I can. Good Luck Penny!!
skudoozie
on 11/4/04 8:07 pm - Elk, WA
Hi there Penny! I am your neighbor, over here in Spokane. I had surgery on August 4th and I am so glad I didn't wait any longer. This surgery is certainly not anything to take lightly and it is good that you are scared. Just don't let the fear take over. I knew I needed to do something about my weight. In July, I weighed 347 and could hardly walk anymore because of pain in my legs and knees. I also have high blood pressure and I could feel the fat sapping the life out of me day after day. As of Tuesday, I am down to 282 and feel so much better! I still have quite a way to go but now I am headed in the right direction. Keep everyone posted. I've heard Dr. Rawlings is a good surgeon. Suzie
tinktee
on 11/5/04 3:46 am - Spanaway, WA
Hi Penny welcome, I'm 18 days post-op and kind of new myself. This is an awsome place to be, who know's better then people with the same issues? Happy to see you on board. Tee
Most Active