16 DAYS!!!!

tinktee
on 11/3/04 8:17 am - Spanaway, WA
Hi there, I had my first post-op check up and I have lost 20lbs! Yahooooo Then I went shopping for soft food's, I bought salmon ummmm and some other thing's. When I got home I baked the salmon, well I thought I had a small piece, it tasted soooo good! I'm going to get a scale to measure the portions. To make a long story short my pouch has been in pain for the past 2hrs and just now I'm begining to feel less pain. WOW! I don't know if I over ate or to fast. I wanted to make myself but I was afraid to. Baby steps for the next few months. Tee
ncarter11
on 11/3/04 8:41 am - Edmonds, WA
Yeah!!!! Congrats on your great WL!!!! WOOOOoooHOOOOoooo! I'm not bitter about you being able to eat salmon or anything ;) hehe. Hugs, Nan
tinktee
on 11/3/04 11:47 am - Spanaway, WA
Thanks Nan, hey my pouch is just begining to calm down, I took a sip of water with out it hurting on the way down. I had my son take me up to WalGreens to but a food scale, so that I don't eat toooo much of a good thing. Think I'll wait for a bit before eating salmon again. Tee
Chrissy P.
on 11/4/04 4:47 am - Federal Way, WA
Hi! It might be better to blend the salmon a little bit before eating it, since you are so early in the game. I am four weeks out today, and I just now am starting to chew things correctly. Yesterday, I went to Victoria on the Clipper for a flu shot, and I had to make do with whatever food I could find. I chewed turkey, some soft crackers, applesauce, cheese, and clam chowder as best I could, and I still experienced some subtle stomach pain last night. I am just glad that everything seemed to go down OK and stay down, even though it hurt to sip water for the rest of the day. I think I jumped the gun a little on soft solids, and now I am back to pureed foods. Congrats on that weight loss! That is fabulous! Isn't that fun?!? And you're right, baby steps! Your friend, Chris
sspev
on 11/4/04 2:53 pm - Seattle area (Everett), WA
Wow, Terry, When you described your salmon it sounded so delicious -- I'm glad that it quit hurting, and now you have a food scale. Congratulations on your awesome loss! Thanks, too, for your moral support and all the helpful information! Susan
Most Active