Should've Started Earlier

marinerlover
on 11/2/04 1:09 pm - Post Falls, ID
I went to a "benefit fair" at work today to find out about insurance I have available to me at work, (Good ol' State of Washington) we only have 3 to choose from. My current insurance policy, Group Health, excluded WLS "directly related to obesity" but if your doctor could prove underlying condition (co-morbidities I guess) there was a chance, slim yes but a chance. I just really started the process, my doctors are writing my letters, I was planning to appeal a couple times before self-paying. Well..... Starting 2005, no insurance my company offers will pay regardless of co-morbidities, so, in a nutshell, if I don't get approved and have the surgery by December 31st, I have to self pay. I guess we know where my paycheck is going pretty soon... not to mention the majority of my paychecks in the future. The only good thing coming out of this aweful day is that I will be having the surgery sonner than I thought because I won't have to wait to appeal. Now my only hesitation is the possibility of complications, my insurance wont pay for complications from an elective surgery. Now I just need to find good (long term) financing. Any suggestions? I have great credit, high score, (775) but no house to borrow against.
cocabearkim
on 12/16/04 9:39 pm - WA
You should be able to get either a personal loan or a medical loan with that high of a credit score. Good Luck!! Kim May 3, 2004 -156
Most Active