a small victory

Cori T.
on 11/2/04 10:17 am - Neah Bay, WA
Hi everyone, I'm behind on reading posts but wanted to share a small food victory with you all. Tonight I made spaghetti, I used the Mission 1/3 less carb noodles. I only gave myself about 1/8 cup of noodles and then was heavy on the meat sauce. My victory is that pre-surgery, I, the self-proclaimed pasta Queen, usually ate about 2 cups of noodles. Then, as I'd clean up dinner, I'd love to eat the leftover cold noodles...gobbling it all up. Tonight, there was some leftover noodles in the strainer and I had NO desire to eat them! Cori Neah Bay, WA Independant I Remember When Consultant
Tanja Y
on 11/4/04 12:11 am - Wahiawa, HI
That's great! So how did the low carb noodles taste? My family is a big spaghetti eaters and I miss eating it with them. Do you think the rest of them would notice they were eating healthy pasta? ~Tanja -100#'s
Cori T.
on 11/4/04 12:58 pm - Neah Bay, WA
The low carb noodles tasted good, just a *****ewy. I'm a big "al dente" person so when the pkg. said to cook the noodles for a min. of 12 minutes I made sure to cook them no longer but now in hindsight, I should have cooked them a bit longer. But it's just a texture thing.
Most Active