I'm home on the losing side!

sspev
on 11/1/04 3:52 am - Seattle area (Everett), WA
Just to let you know that I'm home, and it was a piece of cake! I had my lap RNY on Tuesday; I haven't had any actual pain from the surgery -- just an occasional dull sort of ache, when I cough, or turn over in bed. The most painful part of the hospital stay was the first night, the elastic stocking had gotten a wrinkle that was digging into my ankle, and aggravated by the compression leggings. Finally I asked the nurse to see what was wrong, and they removed the elastic stocking for a few hours, to let the ridge that had been dug into my skin even out. I stopped the morphine pump in the middle of the night after surgery, because I wasn't hurting at all, and I think the morphine was contributing to my dry mouth. Also, they had begun to give me an anti-inflammatory through the IV, so that does help with pain control, I know. However, I think the main reason that I am so easily up and around is that so many of you kept me in your thoughts and prayers -- thank you for that -- I know it helped! When I went for my leak test, the technologist told me that they notice such a difference between the patients who have their rny done lap, as opposed to those who have it done open (both procedures are performed at Virginia Mason). I was able to walk into the room, etc. and afterwards, when I got back upstairs, I was able to walk up and down the halls several times, and felt fine. Having just got home, I've had my first "cream soup" meal, that I strained, and was able to sip the 4 oz over 30 minutes, per instructions. Now, I'm going to make some phone calls, and take a nap. I'll catch up with you all later. Again, thanks for your prayers! Susan
Lorie Z.
on 11/1/04 7:08 am - Lynnwood, WA
Hi Susan, When you are feeling better I would love for us to get together. When you can we will do what ever you and Nan can handle. I'm so happy we are all losers now. And you are still on my prayer list so I hope you are doing good. Love Lorie
Most Active