Yikes! The cookie monster bit me hard!

catly
on 10/25/04 7:17 pm - Everett, WA
Hi, I have been doing quite well. Four moths out and 60lbs down and stuck there for now. However, this weekend we heard a thud on the outside of our house. We knew it wasn't the newspaper because it usually ends up in our driveway. Jim went out to get it and it was a box from one of my best friends; a belated birthday present. I knew when I shook it what it was--home-made cookies! Oh no! I had told her about having surgery but did not tell her about the gastric bypass and no more sugar, though I thought I'd told her about the sugar. Evidently not. This was a gift of love and I just went into a terrible funk, feeling heart-broken about the possibility of throwing them away or something. I could not do this. She and I have known each other since we were four years old! That's a long time ago! On her tape she was getting the second batch out of the oven and I could hear the cookie sheet. She knew all of this would normally be exciting to me. I did eat most of one cookie and then when I packed them into a zip-lock bag to put in the freezer, I ate the broken off pieces. They were too sweet, but good. I feared I might have just pushed myself over the regaining edge. I felt really bad about it all! I wondered why I was being tested so. This morning I was able to ask my husband to take the cookies from the freezer and bring them to work to share with his coworkers, which he did. One really neat surprise was that Jim, who does not like chocolate and is not a dessert person, ate a bite of one cookie and ended up eating one and a half cookies. I just know my friend will be pleased about this! On her tape she also shared that she had given some of the treats we had sent for her birthday to friends of hers. This really let me off the hook! I figured if she could share, so could I, and the world would be better for it! What a relief to have this one mostly behind me! Hope the rest of you are doing well and without too many huge temptations! Thanks. LM
Kimanne B
on 10/26/04 3:35 am - Near The Emerald City, wa
Awwww You did pretty well resisting all those yummie temptations! I can only pray that when I am in the same situation, I do the same This is the time of year where we will be facing MANY temptations... Great job on the weightloss Lauren!
karenyt
on 10/26/04 10:02 am - Renton, WA
Lauren, The cookie monster (my 10 year old daughter) lives at my house!! Although I currently am still in honeymoon phase so not having tooooo many problems resistinggggg cookiessssssss, I know it will come. My daughter loves cookies - heck, so do I, but I know I've eaten my lifetime allotment in weight gaining years already!! You are a real inspiration with your loss and success and struggles - keep on talking to us newbies. You really help! Karen Thompson 09-15-2004 down 35 pounds at least
Most Active