I'm Back!!

tinktee
on 10/25/04 12:37 pm - Spanaway, WA
Hi everyone, thank you so very much for all the prayers, thoughtfullness and feed back. I'll try not to make this to long. First off I did not research the surgery long enough before jumping on the gurny. What I mean is, I was so excited I didn't resreach how much or what kinds of things I was going to need for after the surgery. I thought that I could live on Glucerna, Propel and chicken broth, WRONG! People do your research on what to do and drink for when you get home. Plus every thing I tasted was soo sweet it was awful, but my tastes buds have calm down. The hospital stay for me was terrible, I feel a good experience is so important for a good start. I won't go into detail about that experience. I began feeling depressed before leaving the hospital because, I hadn't taken my Zolot in several days and prior to that had decided to stop taking it then started again two days before surgery. This was a BIG When I got home that night I tried taking 2 crushed pills not all the way dissolved and had a bunch of powder in my mouth, ooohhhh my. I started grabbing liquids from my son and his friend trying to get rid of this, well then I experienced what dumping means. I felt terrible for about 30 min. Two days after that I thought I was dehydrated and went to the ER, I was only a itsy bit dehydrated. Got some fluids and a vit B12 shot into the IV, all of that helped but once I started getting my Zolot back into me thats when I started feeling like I made the right choice for WLS. Today is a week out of surgery and I'm feeling sooo much better. I do want to say though, Dr. Hunter and the surgery team are awsome, caring and professionals. I have been on O pain meds sense I have left the hospital. Anyone who is chosing to have their surgery from Dr.Hunter, I say Go for it!! Thanks all so much, Tee
sspev
on 10/25/04 1:24 pm - Seattle area (Everett), WA
Terry, Thanks so much for letting us know how you're doing! It's so good to hear from you. I'm sorry for your unfortunate hospital experience -- I guess that's the way it is, sometimes. Thanks, too for your emails. I'll have questions for you before my day next Tuesday, and I'll be in touch. Take care of yourself, Susan
tinktee
on 10/25/04 3:21 pm - Spanaway, WA
Okie Dokie Susan
Most Active