Pouchie Ouchie on my Birthday!!

karenyt
on 10/25/04 5:13 am - Renton, WA
Well, at 5 weeks out post-op and on my birthday I experienced my first significant PAIN in the POUCH after eating. Probably too fast, not chewed enough, wrong food (chicken but not cut up enough apparently) and I suffered the rest of the evening on my birthday for it. It is true that this WLS and my new pouch serve as valuable "tools" to us thick headed (at least me if no one else) people who occasionally require a reminder to stay sensible and aware in our eating. Anyone else experience this and care to share their experiences? If so, let's start a little dialogue here and it could serve as a reminder for all of us to take good care of ourselves to avoid the Pouchie Ouchie!! Karen Thompson 09-15-2004 35 pounds down
sassy
on 10/25/04 6:50 am - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
i got a mini ravioli stuck when i was about two weeks out. that was soooo painful. but it taught me, i have to chew every bite, no matter how small i think the bite is, chew thirty times at minimum. sometimes after chewing thirty times, i still have to chew a little more. i skipped the pureed stage, and went from liquids to regular food, which my nutritionist didnt like, but my surgeon told me to. another thing i have learned, is always sit down at the table to eat, and no talking on the phone while eating. i get distracted, and tend to pick a lot more, because i am not paying attention to what i am doing. so now, i dont even answer the phone during dinner, and if i do, i make sure not to sit at the table while on the phone.
karenyt
on 10/25/04 9:07 am - Renton, WA
Good reminder about the telephone and eating at the same time!! I have also noticed unless I really concentrate on slowwwww eating and chewingggggg lots of times I forget and eat "the old way" which hurts!! I have the same problem with drinking; sometimes I am soooo thirsty I want to gulp cold water - the few times I have really let myself do this, I get an instant pain in the pouch which feels Thanksgiving stuffed and hurts from water!!! We'll all keep going and learning with this powerful little pouch as a reminder! Karen Thompson 09-15-2004 35 pounds down
squotas
on 10/25/04 11:03 am - Kennewick, WA
Drinking more than a sip will come with time, I missed that more than anything, but now can drink water almost like I used to......JAN 9-22-03 -103 whopeeeeeee
Most Active