Support Group Interest??

mom2zach
on 10/24/04 9:41 am - Vancouver, WA
Hello, I am located in Vancouver, WA. I had my surgery on Sept 21st...and almost immediately I noticed the lack of support group options in our Metro area!! I am going to be participating in a training and will be starting a local Chapter of a Pre/Post Op Support group for Bariatric patients! I am trying to get an idea of what the interest level is in our area. I am looking to do something more fun and interactive. I'm considering maybe 2 meetings per month...one w/ an agenda & topic we can all 'chat' about...and then maybe have the second one of the month an activity, outing or something fun related to our topic. I don't know, just a little brainstorming! As someone who is pretty recently post-op...I have come to realize one of the things we REALLY need is the ability to relate to others in our same shoes. As much as our loved ones want to help us and try to understand...bless their hearts...they just can't fully grasp what we are experiencing, thus, the need for a great support group! I hope all of this makes some kind of sense! Please write back, give me some feedback, whether this is something you think you might be interested in, etc. I'd love to hear from you!! Thank you, congratulations on your decision and the best of luck on your journey! Kalisha
Jill L.
on 10/24/04 10:02 am - Vancouver, WA
I had surgery on Oct. 18 and had some complications. I would love to have a support group here locally. I attend one in Clackamas that is very inconvenient. I think it is a great idea and if there is anything I can do to help, let me know! Jill
Shanna E.
on 10/24/04 11:22 pm - Vancouver, WA
I had surgery on 5/3/04 and am also very interested in getting a support group going in vancouver. I attend one 1/mo in portland through my doctor's office, but would like to connect with others and in vancouver would be great! Shanna
mom2zach
on 10/25/04 2:31 am - Vancouver, WA
Hello! I am so excited to see some feedback. I am thinking it would be beneficial to set up a group both in Portland and Vancouver...because I'm finding people all over the board and one concern is convenience! I have no problem doing this. My training will begin, probably early/mid-November. I am not exactly sure how long it will take...but I will keep you all posted! I would like to get things started as soon as I'm given the go ahead so I'm working on details now!! I am currently in search of a venue, ideally one that would be free for our use. I have an idea for the one in Vancouver, I just need to verify availability...but I'm kinda lost as far as one in the Portland area. Anyhow, I thank you for the offers of assistance, I'm sure I will take you up on those at some point, lol!! Take care, we'll talk soon! Kalisha
Liann M.
on 10/25/04 3:15 am - Vancouver, WA
I am here in Vancouver but have not had the surgery yet. I am praying that I June I will be on the losing side with all of you! I would love to get involved in a support group up here with the pre and post ops. If there is anything that I can do to help, just let me know!! Hope to hear something soon! Liann
Most Active