YEAH! No more liquid diet!

Julia B.
on 10/20/04 12:24 pm - Puyallup, WA
Hi Everyone! I had my 4 week post-op appointment and have been approved to move on to the soft food stage. I asked my doctor when I can start a regular diet and he said that the soft food stage is really just a regular diet just chew really, really well and be careful with meat and bread. I'm so HAPPY not to have to drink broth anymore!!! I had my KFC mashed potatoes right after my appointment and they were sooooo good. Tonight I had a little baked carrot and potato, and a few small bites of kielbasa. YUMMY! So far my tummy seems to be fine with it. And to top it all off, I am down 25 pounds since surgery and a total of 35 pounds with my pre-surgery diet. I'm so excited for all of us, this is such an awsome journey!! Julia
Gerriann A.
on 10/20/04 1:24 pm - Spokane, WA
Congratulations on moving to the next stage. Crackers work better than bread for me but it really depends on your tummy. Good job on your success! -Gerriann Lap RNY 5/14/04 120 pounds gone forever!
Julia B.
on 10/20/04 2:17 pm - Puyallup, WA
Hi Gerriann! Thanks for the cracker tip and a great big congratulations back at you for your 120 pounds lost! I am really looking forward to someday being that far along. Julia
Craig E.
on 10/21/04 7:55 am
Congratulations Julia! I can't wait til I attain the soft foods stage! I think I met you at the Doctor's office yesterday. I was there with my wife. I still got 3 more weeks of liquid diet. I'm writing hate letters to the bad people at jello right now(including Bill Cosby!). I can now officially dream of KFC mash potatos! Craig lap rny 379/342/200
Julia B.
on 10/21/04 12:57 pm - Puyallup, WA
Hi Craig! Yep that was me waiting with you. I was so relieved that he didn't call and cancel all his appoinments that day. I don't envy you having 3 more weeks of liquids. I drank alot of tomato juice and ate countless sugar free popsicles. I did eat jello, but it wasn't my favorite. I couldn't even stand the smell of broth after the first week. When is your wife going to have the surgery? She seemed excited about it. Good luck with the liquids from h@ll stage!! I hope the next 3 weeks fly by for you! Julia
Most Active