YES!!! Aproved at last!!

Tammy _.
on 10/18/04 1:28 pm - Puyallup, WA
I went to the external review today at Regence and was approved on the spot!! The doctor, isurance rep, and appeal rep were the only people there and were very kind and easy to talk with. I was still giving info when the doctor just stopped me and apologized for having to have gone this far for an approval. He understood my position of needing gastric bypass to fix my severe reflux since I am not a good candidate for the normal reflux surgery called fundiplication. I was shocked to say the least. I feel so happy and relieved. Thank you all for all of the answers to questions I have had so far relating to getting approved. You have been a wealth of information and support. I love you guys!!! Tammy
Chanise D.
on 10/18/04 1:34 pm - Lakewood, WA
CONGRATS, Tammy... It's hard to go thru all of the hurdles but oh my go**** is going to be so worth it... Good Luck, Girl....and good for you for fighting for it....
Tammy _.
on 10/18/04 1:57 pm - Puyallup, WA
Thanks for being happy for me Chanise! I am so, so, so very excited tonight!
Gerriann A.
on 10/18/04 2:45 pm - Spokane, WA
WooHoo! Congratulations! Looking forward to your joining us on the losers bench. -Gerriann Lap RNY 5/14/04 120 pounds gone forever!
JustHat
on 10/18/04 3:59 pm - NM
Sounds like you had them on the run. Maybe you should have made them promise you a full body lift for all of the pain they caused you. It is a very happy day for you. CONGRATS!
sspev
on 10/18/04 10:02 pm - Seattle area (Everett), WA
WooHoo for you! Congratulations -- soon you'll be feeling so much better without the GERD, and also going down the weight mountain! I see, too, that you have Dr. Hunter, and you had your initial appointment with Kat Redmon the same day I had mine -- 8/23 (my appointment was at 3 that day!) Tomorrow is my pre-surgery appointment with Dr. Hunter, and my surgery is 11/2. Now that you have your approval, you can also probably have your surgery this month! I know you're so excited -- again, congratulations! Susan
Tammy _.
on 10/19/04 11:20 am - Puyallup, WA
Hey Susan~ my appt. that day was at 1pm. We just missed one another! Weren't you impressed with Kat? I thought that she was really thorough and patient. Steve called me today to ask if I wanted to have my surgery in Nov or Dec..... yikes, now I am a little scared. Not sure what to tell him! Tammy
ncarter11
on 10/19/04 2:53 am - Edmonds, WA
YAHOOOOOO!!! Nan
Most Active